Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sign up or begin taking the courses in aleks
Driel Wrote:In what mode(master or student ) do i begin taking what i need to learn after the initial assessment in ALEKS. I can't seem to find where to begin.

You do EVERYTHING in the Student account. The Master account doesn't do anything but "assess" the student and check the progress, like an admin account.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This really stinks 20 years since I've taken math just signed up for aleks today when do you get credit for the aleks to move on to next course is it 70% and how do you know you are at that percentage ?
Driel Wrote:In what mode(master or student ) do i begin taking what i need to learn after the initial assessment in ALEKS. I can't seem to find where to begin.

First you go into Master account and choose which math course your student (you) want to take. Then when you log into Student, it automatically begins the assessment where it asks math questions.

You already did the assessment? Then in the student account, you will see the pie with different colors. You can click on any of the links that come up next to the pie pieces.

Collegelady2 Wrote:This really stinks 20 years since I've taken math just signed up for aleks today when do you get credit for the aleks to move on to next course is it 70% and how do you know you are at that percentage ?

Yeah it's 70%. You will get a score after the initial assessment.

Otherwise you can work on the pie a while, and force a new assessment in the Master account.

Force a new assessment in the Master account, Is it accessed from 'New' under 'Quizzes' in Master account? And if i score up to 70percent, have i passed?
Driel Wrote:Force a new assessment in the Master account, Is it accessed from 'New' under 'Quizzes' in Master account? And if i score up to 70percent, have i passed?

If you score 70% or higher on the assessment, yes.

Yes, in the master account. I don't remember the exact location, but it's at the bottom of the page, sort of small. I think it's a checkbox.

And what about what the Student pie shows i still need, can i ignore that too?
Driel Wrote:And what about what the Student pie shows i still need, can i ignore that too?

Yeah, if you feel ready for the new assessment.

Ok thank you. But that means i have to select 70 questions because 1 question is 1 percent ?
Driel Wrote:Ok thank you. But that means i have to select 70 questions because 1 question is 1 percent ?

I don't know what you mean "select 70 questions".

An assessment will be anywhere from 15-35 or more questions. They change the length of the test if you are getting questions wrong. You need 70% or more correct.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 30 3,403 04-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,736 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 728 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 784 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 559 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 667 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 293 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 567 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 453 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,505 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77