Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to test out of Chinese?
I need to meet the language requirements for a BA. Is there any test that is generally recognized by schools that can either give me credit, equal to maybe 12 credits, or that lets schools waive the requirement?
(06-27-2020, 09:54 PM)Pelican Wrote: I need to meet the language requirements for a BA. Is there any test that is generally recognized by schools that can either give me credit, equal to maybe 12 credits, or that lets schools waive the requirement?

Where are you working on your BA from? What is your major? How many credits are you transferring in? 12 credits of a foreign language is quite significant if you're not majoring in that language.
If they accept ACE credits I've used this company successfully https://www.actfl.org/assessment-profess...ssessments for cheap credits. I actually might get more credits from them in the future. This should be enough to test out.

There are threads on here on ACFTL with more info.
Yes, ACTFL is your best bet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My school accepted my SDC credits as ACE, so this should count. Thanks!
I recently did three ACTFL tests for a total of 18 credits. I am fluent in French, with a French speaking mother, and chose the OPIc test. I would recommend doing the real person test. The questions for more advanced levels were very difficult political questions asking me to review the historical, current and what I would propose as a future way of handing a political situation. The timer started after the question was asked. With a person you can control the conversation better. That said the tests were easy to book and ACE was quick about the credits.
Quick follow-up: ACTFL expired, then was renewed, now they will expire on 6/30. I expect they will probably be renewed again, but I would get them done beforehand, just to make sure.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-28-2020, 02:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Quick follow-up: ACTFL expired, then was renewed, now they will expire on 6/30.  I expect they will probably be renewed again, but I would get them done beforehand, just to make sure.

Just FYI if this helps anybody: I literally just hung up with ACTFL headquarters and was helped by a very nice woman. She understood immediately what I was asking about related to ACE and College Equivalent Credits. She put me on hold to ask a supervisor to be sure, so I consider this conversation supremely credible.

According to her, ACTFL renewed its "affiliation" with ACE and the paperwork was completed literally yesterday. She seemed to think that it should be reflected on ACE's website as of today, but I don't see that. I'll give it another couple of days and check it again. But bottom line is ACTFL is still a good way to get credits. (I understand the practical matter of generating a transcript with ACE but hopefully they will sort that out quickly.)
If they just completed the paperwork yesterday, I would think that it will take a couple of weeks to reflect that in ACE. This is how it seems to work with other ACE providers.
(07-09-2020, 11:58 AM)WVU580 Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 02:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Quick follow-up: ACTFL expired, then was renewed, now they will expire on 6/30.  I expect they will probably be renewed again, but I would get them done beforehand, just to make sure.

Just FYI if this helps anybody: I literally just hung up with ACTFL headquarters and was helped by a very nice woman. She understood immediately what I was asking about related to ACE and College Equivalent Credits. She put me on hold to ask a supervisor to be sure, so I consider this conversation supremely credible.

According to her, ACTFL renewed its "affiliation" with ACE and the paperwork was completed literally yesterday. She seemed to think that it should be reflected on ACE's website as of today, but I don't see that. I'll give it another couple of days and check it again. But bottom line is ACTFL is still a good way to get credits. (I understand the practical matter of generating a transcript with ACE but hopefully they will sort that out quickly.)

Actually, it normally takes weeks, up to 6 I'd say, to get things reflected on the ACE website.  So don't hold your breath waiting - but once it does show up, it will be retroactive (normally).
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az, WVU580

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 466 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone taken the english composition 2 tecep test? bobby123 23 5,018 10-13-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TECEP test deadline midnight? CanICode 6 846 04-04-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Average time for college to receive the test scores? sri 1 991 07-22-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: jch
  UExcel World Population Test Review cpoteraske 9 1,953 06-06-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 1,053 05-23-2021, 10:29 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  DSST exam center couldn't administer test Murdockb 5 2,150 04-11-2021, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dhallfootball21
  1st clep, where do I send test? hi there 1 1,092 03-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Wrong score Reporting and studying for two test at the same time WajihZ 3 1,602 01-04-2021, 02:19 PM
Last Post: WajihZ
  Check your library website for free test prep help Whitepines 5 1,750 12-22-2020, 11:45 PM
Last Post: jch