Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humanities clep exam
I took the Humanities CLEP recently, and passed with a 62, though the relevant subjects are my weakest in terms of testing. I spent more time studying for this exam than any other, and received the lowest score. That having been said, I knew almost nothing of the subject matter, and only allocated about 20 hours for preparation. Attached is a study guide that I prepared in that process. Hopefully, it provides some assistance.

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">humanities2.xls (Size: 136.5 KB / Downloads: 621)
congrats on your pass! There is no grading in CLEP , so a pass is a pass. And a62 is not too shabby either seeing that you had no previous exposure to the subject, which is my weakest as well.
ok this will be my first try at a clep, I desperatly need this Humanities now!!! I've been impressed by other stories. With good study skills, it appears this is
do-able. I joined today, did the monthly fee, also ordered the passyourclass guide. Hopefully I will post my own success ............to be continued!
Lots of opera...
Watching MacBeth, Hamlet and King Lear was very helpful. Jason's History of Art and the Annotated Mona Lisa from the library helped and some knowledge of music theory. A tough test but doable with flashcards.
REA was a good study source.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
This is the next test up for me so these are very helpful posts. I think I'll just study for a week and take all of my REA practice tests a couple times and I should be good for it...I hope. Sometimes it seems like the ones you stress out about the most are the easiest and then the ones you expect to pass easily bite you in the butt. Hope I do well on it though. Thanx for the tips guys.
Going for a Bachelor's of sciences in Business Administration. Hopefully I'll be wrapped up and done by 2010.

CLEP's completed

Western Civ.I- 62
Freshman College Comp.- 65
Natural Sciences- 51:confused:
U.S. History I- 65
Social Sciences and History-54
Is the test multiple choice or fill in the blank? Essay?
Weplus3 Wrote:Is the test multiple choice or fill in the blank? Essay?

The test is all five-part multiple choice. No essay.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
I passed just a few hours ago with a 56.

I studied Sunday and Monday, using only the IC flashcards, the amazing notes people supplied on the forum, and some random online practice tests. I had all of the literature questions memorized like crazy, but was extremely hazy on all of the music materials.

I don't know how I passed. When my score popped up I nearly soiled myself because I was literally guessing on 7 out of every 10 questions. So, so, so glad I'm all done.

To everyone that has yet to take this exam: if I could do it, there's no doubt you can.
I only studied using Instacert and passed with a 62. It was def a hard test though. I was so happy to be done!
Passed:
Humanities CLEP 62
Information Systems and Computer Applications CLEP 61
Principals of Macroeconomics CLEP 51
Ethics in America DSST 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 46 - Not enough for Jacksonville
Hi -

I have bought both of REA study guides "the best test preparation for the CLEP". I am going back to school after a very long time (17 yrs). Though I finished my first two blocks of classes and did very well, studying for the Humanities Exam is becoming my life.

In addition to working 12+ hours a day and being a full time single mom, I try to find 2-3+ hours studying time/daily. I also subscribed to a tutorial service which has been a huge waste of money.

There is so much to learn and memorize that I feel extremely unprepared and overwhelmed. Though I am a very structured person, I am quite disorganized about how best to study and prepare for this test.

I have been studying the REA guides and doing the practice tests, but still feel very unfaimilar with the information. Just wondering if there were any "newbies" like me, who are prepping for this test and can provide some guidance.

Those of you who have taken and passed this test, how familiar were you with the information prior to studying? Have you been enrolled in school with no interruptions (i.e. from H.S, you went straight to collge)?

Reading about how little time some of you spent studying is making me feel like a dunce, but trying to maintain some optimism.

Thanks for your replies and any insight that you can provide.

Liz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 313 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 890 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,265 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,006 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77