Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home.
I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home.  I had to cancel two plane trips (April and June) due to the C-19.  I hate just sitting around.  I was enrolled in one class.  As soon as I saw the Nation shutting down I added a second class to occupy my time after work.  I am not going to any place in the next 8-weeks other than work.

Anyone else using this time wisely?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 2 users Like Life Long Learning's post:
  • mvk, ROYISAGIRL
(04-07-2020, 09:47 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home.  I had to cancel two plane trips (April and June) due to the C-19.  I hate just sitting around.  I was enrolled in one class.  As soon as I saw the Nation shutting down I added a second class to occupy my time after work.  I am not going to any place in the next 8-weeks other than work.

Yep Ive signed up for all the Sophia courses that don't duplicate, signed up for Two TECPs my protor is waiting for those to arrive, and I am signed up for one ASU course. I've even got my husband to sign up for some courses and have the littles doing science with my old Straighterline box.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Life Long Learning, mvk
I signed up for Sophia project management and my 13 year old is doing Sophia History and Aleks math . All Free ..........!
Thomas Edison State University 
BSBA in Computer Information Systems December 2018
Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) December 2018

[-] The following 2 users Like mvk's post:
  • Life Long Learning, ROYISAGIRL
I'm currently unemployed so I was quite excited to hear about the free courses from Sophia. It’s nice to have some mental stimulation among the other home and personal projects, bingeing movies, and daily walks. I’m on my 4th course with them and am really enjoying it - well, mostly. I’m in macroeconomics right now and that’s not so fun! lol
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 2 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • Life Long Learning, ROYISAGIRL
Yeah, I signed up for Sophia as well, taking about 7-8 courses I haven't touched before. Project Management, I was going to sign up for it at Study.com just when the deal started. So I shifted gears towards Sophia and signed up for PM, Visual Communications, Art History I & II, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Conflict Resolution, Intro to IT and the College Readiness as I didn't get the chance to do the free 1 credit course. I have finished two out of that list already, so 6 more to go?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43, JWells247, Life Long Learning
(04-07-2020, 09:47 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home.  I had to cancel two plane trips (April and June) due to the C-19.  I hate just sitting around.  I was enrolled in one class.  As soon as I saw the Nation shutting down I added a second class to occupy my time after work.  I am not going to any place in the next 8-weeks other than work.

Yes! I'm working from home so I am taking Udacity courses on Full-Stack Development, Cloud DevOps and Machine Learning. I was using the free trial so I have until the 24th to do them, but I only have the capstone left for the DevOps course and I'm halfway through the Full-Stack course. 

I'm also working on finishing my degrees, but my signature says most of that. I'm trying to actually learn Linear Algebra again, rather than cramming, since I already took it at CC, but TESU wouldn't accept it for UL. 

And on top of all this, I'm taking advantage of the now-online certification exams. While studying for the Comptia Security+ and CISSP exams for work, my Software Engineer partner and I are also planning to do a virtual study dates for the AWS Developer Certification Tongue
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
[-] The following 4 users Like amaquiling's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, JWells247, Life Long Learning, ROYISAGIRL
LOL, and I thought I had a pretty set of "courses for studying during COVID-19" but looking at the number of things on amaquiling's plate... wow, you've got so much more on your plate than I, impressive!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(04-08-2020, 11:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, and I thought I had a pretty set of "courses for studying during COVID-19" but looking at the number of things on amaquiling's plate... wow, you've got so much more on your plate than I, impressive!

amaquiling's plate makes me tired just reading it. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
She’s a genius!!!!!!! I admire her so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 521 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,913 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 261 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,355 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 315 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 743 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,752 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden