Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am on TOP of the world THANK YOU
This post is in response to the thread
"Guys Please Help Me"

A BIG THANKS to all of you for the great advice. I am looking into the foreign language exams. I am continued to be amazed at the opportunities out thier that we just don't know about. Thanks to you WONDERFUL advisers out here I am getting ready to take the Urdu proficiency exam at NYU. $420 for 16 credit hours! YEAH BRING IT ON BABY!!!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE!
candothis Wrote:This post is in response to the thread
"Guys Please Help Me"

A BIG THANKS to all of you for the great advice. I am looking into the foreign language exams. I am continued to be amazed at the opportunities out thier that we just don't know about. Thanks to you WONDERFUL advisers out here I am getting ready to take the Urdu proficiency exam at NYU. $420 for 16 credit hours! YEAH BRING IT ON BABY!!!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE!
>>

Remember to pay it forward- please share your experience and details of the exam for others to benefit from too! GOOD LUCK! (16, wow!?!?)
I don't know if this credit would be duplicative with the 16cr. NYU language test:

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Se...entID=6913

Its an oral interview done over the phone. You can earn up to 12 credits in Urdu (8LL + 4UL). Its costs a couple hundred I think.

All the contact information is in the ACE review.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
Old Rusty Pipe Wrote:I don't know if this credit would be duplicative with the 16cr. NYU language test:

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Se...entID=6913

Its an oral interview done over the phone. You can earn up to 12 credits in Urdu (8LL + 4UL). Its costs a couple hundred I think.

All the contact information is in the ACE review.

HOW DO YOU GUYS KNOW ALL THIS STUFF??!!!

I am so thankful to you guys for taking the time to post this stuff. This is BIG news to me. I emailed them this morning and dare I say the cost is sustantially less going this route. Its $134 for a 30 min phone interview test.
If you clear the test you get 8L+ 4UL credits. This is much cheaper than the NYU $420 for 16 credits.

BTW they also have English listed as a foreign language test. Perhaps others may want to check out this route.

THANK YOU OLD RUSTY PIPE . YOU ROCK!!
candothis Wrote:HOW DO YOU GUYS KNOW ALL THIS STUFF??!!!

BTW they also have English listed as a foreign language test. Perhaps others may want to check out this route.

THANK YOU OLD RUSTY PIPE . YOU ROCK!!

Am amazed at the knowledge of these talented testers too! Smile

English as a foreign language? WOW, I wonder if that would be worth doing for a BS if I already have lots of elective credits?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for TESU's "Understanding the Physical and Natural World"? leland.kirk 7 1,856 02-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: davewill
Question Fulfilling the Natural World requirements: ELSADDIQ 10 1,834 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Phys/Nat World: Class options and extra credit question Gymfan15 10 3,139 08-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  World Lit rlw74 5 859 07-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
  TESU - Confirmed Natural World Courses Synicaal 2 579 04-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Notgodot
  World History TECEP Review bannerfield 0 637 10-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bannerfield
  World History TECEP - has anyone taken it? bannerfield 0 432 09-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: bannerfield
  Saylor World History vs TECEP World History hightecrebel 4 744 04-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: petergib
  World Literature TESU BA English requirement allikath 1 708 01-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Last Post: happydayruth
  TESC confirmation for Straighterline's Intro to World Religions and Business Ethics kevinmane 2 476 10-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976