Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I asked TESC why they hand out only general diplomas...
...and I'm waiting for a reply, so I will post it on here and let you guys know.
In a nutshell, I told them I chose TESC over COSC because I would be allowed to major in something, but yet the diplomas are general. Call it vain if you want, but earning my Bachelors will give me a sense of self fulfillment and not being able to answer why they are printed as basic B.A. or B.S. diplomas is not acceptable, so I went directly to the source. It seems like something so small, yet obvious....will update when I find out what they have to say! I'm just plain curious.
I prefer Chocolate Ice cream.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I got the same thin when I asked but I think like in my situation where my tech studies are architecture and design its made up of building systems architecture units engineering and some architecture interior design. So instead of catering to all they just simplified it. I think its a cost thing actually but I state " I would gladdy pay a little more in my graduation fee" but got no response. I am instacerting DSST counciling right now to graduate,taking this forum as a break
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." Al Einstein

finishing up and hoping to start a masters before the end of the year

TESC ~ BSAST technical studies in Building Design (12 Civil Engineering courses to go and "DSST" counseling to go)

TESC~ AAS Electrical Mechanical Systems and maintenance
nrg1 Wrote:I got the same thin when I asked but I think like in my situation where my tech studies are architecture and design its made up of building systems architecture units engineering and some architecture interior design. So instead of catering to all they just simplified it. I think its a cost thing actually but I state " I would gladdy pay a little more in my graduation fee" but got no response. I am instacerting DSST counciling right now to graduate,taking this forum as a break

Really unprofessional that they did not respond. So far they have been good about responding to me. If it's a cost thing, they could easily make some money off of it. Their majors are still set up like every other college out there. It's not like we, as students, didn't earn it. It sort of baffles me, which is why I asked.

I went with TESC, which will accept less of my credits, because I wanted a major, so common sense states that I should receive a diploma that indicates that. Someone told me to photoshop, and yes, I can, but I shouldn't have to lol.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:Really unprofessional that they did not respond. So far they have been good about responding to me. If it's a cost thing, they could easily make some money off of it. Their majors are still set up like every other college out there. It's not like we, as students, didn't earn it. It sort of baffles me, which is why I asked.

I went with TESC, which will accept less of my credits, because I wanted a major, so common sense states that I should receive a diploma that indicates that. Someone told me to photoshop, and yes, I can, but I shouldn't have to lol.
They are closed today as today is Saturday. They will most certainly answer your question by Wednesday at the latest, Monday @ the earliest.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
TESC TESC TESC........................:patriot:

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I too would gladly kick in a bit more for this. Please let them know there is an angry mob forming with pitchforks and torches in the forums.
I don't know much about this topic myself, but I'm fairly certain there was just a thread on the forum discussing this issue with the resolution being that most Uni's don't print majors on their diplomas.
BrandeX Wrote:I don't know much about this topic myself, but I'm fairly certain there was just a thread on the forum discussing this issue with the resolution being that most Uni's don't print majors on their diplomas.

I honestly don't know of very many universities and colleges that don't just write it on the diploma. I realize it exists, but I'm curious.

I did let TESC know that this issue has beaten like a dead horse lol. I expect a reply by the middle of this week. I will definitely give you guys feedback. If they can't give me a straight answer I'm thinking I should look into COSC ;-). I spoke to a COSC advisor and they said they would accept EVERY single one of my credits. I have 80.5 credits. If I am lucky, TESC will accept 60ish of mine. We will see!
Lots of schools leave the major off the diploma. TESC isn't necessarily off the reservation on this.

About half the B&M schools in my state put the major on, half don't.

That being said, degree titles that imply a major are always printed on the diploma: Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Architecture, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,737 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,833 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,641 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  My diplomas have been ordered! Whoo Hoo! eriehiker 12 2,642 05-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: 1thomasP
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,081 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  General question about TESU academic evaluation fork 3 1,310 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ideas
Big Grin TESU MARCH DIPLOMAS MAILED OUT TODAY lca88 7 2,340 03-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU BSBA General Management d.cononge 0 987 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,508 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,453 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd