Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I asked TESC why they hand out only general diplomas...
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:I honestly don't know of very many universities and colleges that don't just write it on the diploma. I realize it exists, but I'm curious.

I did let TESC know that this issue has beaten like a dead horse lol. I expect a reply by the middle of this week. I will definitely give you guys feedback. If they can't give me a straight answer I'm thinking I should look into COSC ;-). I spoke to a COSC advisor and they said they would accept EVERY single one of my credits. I have 80.5 credits. If I am lucky, TESC will accept 60ish of mine. We will see!

Last time I checked COSC's degree says that same thing. It does not mention you concentration on the degree. Trust me stay where you are with TESC. I know that some things may suck with their timelines but they still provide a good service along with a quality education. Have you paired up your credits with the BA Math/Sciences degree plan yet? Is your goal to complete a degree in a specific area or just a quick as possible (lesser credits you need to take)?
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
emichele20 Wrote:Last time I checked COSC's degree says that same thing. It does not mention you concentration on the degree. Trust me stay where you are with TESC. I know that some things may suck with their timelines but they still provide a good service along with a quality education. Have you paired up your credits with the BA Math/Sciences degree plan yet? Is your goal to complete a degree in a specific area or just a quick as possible (lesser credits you need to take)?

Why? Does TESC have a better rep? Just curious.
My goal is a little bit of both. I'm sort of all over the place and waiting for an official evaluation. I'm eyed Labor Studies, but I think my quickest bet will be Nat Sci and Mathematics, which is why I am gearing myself toward it. If you see my signature it shows all the credits I already have.

If TESC doesn't accept my nursing credits I will be going somewhere else.
For me I preferred TESC because I felt that they were not being sneaky. I first applied to COSC went through the entire eval process and felt good about it. Then the advisor told me that they needed 2k to proceed with my application process. I felt so betrayed and pissed that I spent $75.00 and not be told this upfront. I had to find out from a link on the tuition page that was behind the tuition tab. Why the hell would anybody look there if you already looked at the tuition rate? Now I hear that they are changing the fee to like $200 bucks I assume that is not because they were just feeling giving. They probably did it because they were being dishonest and either lost students or got called out for it. Immediately canceled out my application and moved on the TESC who has been slow but at least they have been honest and consistent.

From the looks of your credits that does look like the best option. I would just wait until the eval is done then move from there to make your final choice.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
emichele20 Wrote:For me I preferred TESC because I felt that they were not being sneaky. I first applied to COSC went through the entire eval process and felt good about it. Then the advisor told me that they needed 2k to proceed with my application process. I felt so betrayed and pissed that I spent $75.00 and not be told this upfront. I had to find out from a link on the tuition page that was behind the tuition tab. Why the hell would anybody look there if you already looked at the tuition rate? Now I hear that they are changing the fee to like $200 bucks I assume that is not because they were just feeling giving. They probably did it because they were being dishonest and either lost students or got called out for it. Immediately canceled out my application and moved on the TESC who has been slow but at least they have been honest and consistent.

From the looks of your credits that does look like the best option. I would just wait until the eval is done then move from there to make your final choice.

Wow I had no idea! So, now, COSC just charges $200 to move forward?
I have 80.5 credits, but I already know only 72 are even eligible at TESC. Not even sure if they will accept them all.
Oh crap i quoted wrong it is actually $733 for non residents. Here is the link Tuition for Affordable Online Degree Completion and Online Courses at Charter Oak State College click on the academic services tab towards the bottom of the page.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
emichele20 Wrote:Oh crap i quoted wrong it is actually $733 for non residents. Here is the link Tuition for Affordable Online Degree Completion and Online Courses at Charter Oak State College click on the academic services tab towards the bottom of the page.

Is COSC really that much more expensive than TESC, considering you can clep out of most stuff?
It may not be but they ask for so much money and the capstone course right up front. To me paying the $733 admin fee and the $825.00 capstone course fee if just too much. You have spent that much money only to have someone do what you could easily do your self (if they allowed it) and to take a bs course that would not be able to transfer to anywhere else for credit other than a free elective.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
emichele20 Wrote:It may not be but they ask for so much money and the capstone course right up front. To me paying the $733 admin fee and the $825.00 capstone course fee if just too much. You have spent that much money only to have someone do what you could easily do your self (if they allowed it) and to take a bs course that would not be able to transfer to anywhere else for credit other than a free elective.

I guess they have to make their money somehow! I wonder who TESC profits...hmmm..
Well they do make a profit too. Even though their tuition is cheaper for out of state. They have that 2k fee too. The enrollment fee... I couldnt get too mad at that because they let you transfer in 25 of the FEMA credits raw. So that is a savings in it self. COSC wants you to pay to have them transcribed before they will accept them.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
emichele20 Wrote:Well they do make a profit too. Even though their tuition is cheaper for out of state. They have that 2k fee too. The enrollment fee... I couldnt get too mad at that because they let you transfer in 25 of the FEMA credits raw. So that is a savings in it self. COSC wants you to pay to have them transcribed before they will accept them.

Omg 2k?!?! I had NO idea. I don't even have that kind of money at the moment, so I guess these classes I am taking and trying to transfer aren't going to be of much use then...?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,734 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,635 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  My diplomas have been ordered! Whoo Hoo! eriehiker 12 2,641 05-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: 1thomasP
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,076 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  General question about TESU academic evaluation fork 3 1,308 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ideas
Big Grin TESU MARCH DIPLOMAS MAILED OUT TODAY lca88 7 2,339 03-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU BSBA General Management d.cononge 0 987 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,506 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,449 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd