Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got denied from U of Cumberlands. Do you have a new school for PHD. recommend?
Hello, Everyone..

Last time that I posted to find low tuition for phd.program that related in business. I decided to apply for a PhD in a Leadership program at Cumberland University, the only one I affordable and reliable.

I have also applied and communicated with the graduate admission department several times to send official transcripts or any documents that they required. They eventually denied my application and gave me a reason that the school I graduated with MBA did not show a final course work. Chea.org has approved the university where I graduated with an MBA, and I have confirmed with them that I did a final paper project last term. I have no idea what I need to do since they denied my application. 

However, I need to find another school in the United States that can get a chance to study a PhD. program and low tuitions, My budget is a range between $25,000-$30,000.
Do you guys have a school recommend that I can affordable for a PhD. Program-related to Business, Marketing, or leadership organizer? 
I desired to get accomplished for my future goals.
I think you should appeal this decision and show them the final coursework.
For other universities, please refer to the replies on your other topic: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid301986
(06-14-2020, 03:36 AM)Sulkiahha Wrote: I have also applied and communicated with the graduate admission department several times to send official transcripts or any documents that they required. They eventually denied my application and gave me a reason that the school I graduated with MBA did not show a final course work. Chea.org has approved the university where I graduated with an MBA, and I have confirmed with them that I did a final paper project last term. I have no idea what I need to do since they denied my application.

Out of curiosity, what school did you attend for your MBA and when was it conferred?

Based on your description it sounds like it shouldn't be an accreditation issue but more likely an issue of documentation. If the school didn't include your final grades, is it possible that there is a balance due or academic hold on your account? Schools will often hold up posting grades or preparing transcripts on that basis.

Beyond that, I'd definitely work with the MBA issuer to figure this out. Order a transcript if needs be so you can see what is listed there. From what I've seen, U of Cumberlands is one of the more generous schools out there in terms of accepting incoming credits, so if they are denying your application, you are likely to have problems at other schools as well. If you can figure out what the problem is, you should be able to get U of Cumberlands to reopen your application for review.

As the previous posted indicated, I sent you some options for alternative schools a few months back. At a $30,000 budget, there aren't really too many options aside from U of Cumberlands unless you're open to looking at foreign schools. I listed 3 UK schools that are in the ballpark of your budget range, and I am sure there are other cheaper options out there if you look at other schools outside the UK. But I'm not sure how well regarded those schools may be. There may be language barriers to consider as well. I've limited most of my research to US and UK schools primarily, so I can't really offer any further assistance there.

Of course, if you're open to relocating to attend a full-time doctoral program on campus, you can potentially get a full-ride grant or fellowship so you won't have to pay for tuition at all. Though you'd probably need to look at Ph.D. programs rather than a DBA for that.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ss20ts
Interesting, I wonder how this unfolded, it's weird as your transcripts should show all classes completed. This is what I would recommend you do...

1) Get in contact with your school, speak with the registrar and have them resend your transcripts with all courses completed. You want to make sure everything needed is within these documents.

2) Speak with Univ of Cumberlands and ask for an appeal or re-apply to the program, again, make sure all "deficiencies" are complete, ask them what is missing and again make sure all those are showing as done.

3) If that fails, then look at some of the other schools mentioned in the grad section of this forum and your previous thread. Another alternative that I was looking at was also California Southern University. CSU and University of Cumberlands are the first two on my list when I get there for DBA...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-14-2020, 07:23 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 03:36 AM)Sulkiahha Wrote: I have also applied and communicated with the graduate admission department several times to send official transcripts or any documents that they required. They eventually denied my application and gave me a reason that the school I graduated with MBA did not show a final course work. Chea.org has approved the university where I graduated with an MBA, and I have confirmed with them that I did a final paper project last term. I have no idea what I need to do since they denied my application.

Out of curiosity, what school did you attend for your MBA and when was it conferred?

Based on your description it sounds like it shouldn't be an accreditation issue but more likely an issue of documentation. If the school didn't include your final grades, is it possible that there is a balance due or academic hold on your account? Schools will often hold up posting grades or preparing transcripts on that basis.

Beyond that, I'd definitely work with the MBA issuer to figure this out. Order a transcript if needs be so you can see what is listed there. From what I've seen, U of Cumberlands is one of the more generous schools out there in terms of accepting incoming credits, so if they are denying your application, you are likely to have problems at other schools as well. If you can figure out what the problem is, you should be able to get U of Cumberlands to reopen your application for review.

As the previous posted indicated, I sent you some options for alternative schools a few months back. At a $30,000 budget, there aren't really too many options aside from U of Cumberlands unless you're open to looking at foreign schools. I listed 3 UK schools that are in the ballpark of your budget range, and I am sure there are other cheaper options out there if you look at other schools outside the UK. But I'm not sure how well regarded those schools may be. There may be language barriers to consider as well. I've limited most of my research to US and UK schools primarily, so I can't really offer any further assistance there.

Of course, if you're open to relocating to attend a full-time doctoral program on campus, you can potentially get a full-ride grant or fellowship so you won't have to pay for tuition at all. Though you'd probably need to look at Ph.D. programs rather than a DBA for that.
Most on campus PhD programs in business are going to require the GMAT/GRE and typically, a 650 or better is needed. Most tier 1 schools have an average GMAT of 700+.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(06-14-2020, 03:36 AM)Sulkiahha Wrote: Chea.org has approved the university where I graduated with an MBA

Just for clarification, what was the accrediting organization? In other words, I'm curious whether this was regionally accredited, or just nationally.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school. Personherebb9 44 6,589 01-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Tireman4
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 551 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,329 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,788 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,691 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,309 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  funding sources for Law School without six figures of loan debt EducationSeeker 8 1,183 07-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,477 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain
  My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD bjcheung77 130 39,791 09-14-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Cumberlands PhD in Business - Business Analytics jadoo1989 2 1,779 10-08-2018, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Merlin