Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have an "academic question"...
sirjake Wrote:Be assertive! Tell them that you don't understand and make them take the time to explain it. You're paying for this degree, you're an enrolled student, be polite but bold and persistent. It's their job to make sure that you understand.
Absolutely! You're paying for it, and they are getting paid salaries to be helpful to you. It's not like they're doing community service!
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Here's to your health dantes test can only be used as a free elective and not to meet any science requirement. So, that being the case I appear to be screwed in my attempt to use that course and the Dantes Humanity and The Race To Save The Planet course together in an attempt to meet my science requirement of six credits. Boy, am I glad I ordered that Dantes test only to find out Ican't use it!!!:confused: Sad
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
sirjake Wrote:In other words, if I understand it correctly, if you complete a degree at Excelsior in business, you can't get another degree of the same level in that "school" of the school, so to speak. So if you complete a business technology degree at Excelsior, you can't get another degree from Excelsior in business regardless of the specialty (i.e., business management).

However, if you were to receive a bachelor degree in business with a concentration in information technology at Thomas Edison State College, then wanted to get a second degree in business accounting (or whatever) at Excelsior, that'd be fine. But you couldn't get a business technology degree at TESC and Excelsior.

That's my understanding of what they're saying.

To make this specific to me:

I'm getting my degree in Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State College. If I wanted to get more specialized or go for another degree at Excelsior, I couldn't pick liberal studies as my major at Excelsior. I'd have to pick some other area of concentration. It'd be fine to get another liberal arts degree, but it'd have to be a concentration in something else, like maybe history, or social sciences.

Make sense?
Yes that's what I gather from the statement. Great explanation! So in answer to the original question about getting a BS in General Business and a BS in Business IT, you can't get both at Excelsior. That kinda stinks, huh.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
RBOWMAN Wrote:Here's to your health dantes test can only be used as a free elective and not to meet any science requirement. So, that being the case I appear to be screwed in my attempt to use that course and the Dantes Humanity and The Race To Save The Planet course together in an attempt to meet my science requirement of six credits. Boy, am I glad I ordered that Dantes test only to find out Ican't use it!!!:confused: Sad
Sorry to hear that RBOWMAN Sad You're so close though, and you've studied for harder tests. I mean, you scored an 80 on Business Law 2!!! If you can pass that, you can pass anything. You shouldn't be scared of a puny little math course!!!
[SIZE="1"]Ana
RBOWMAN Wrote:Here's to your health dantes test can only be used as a free elective and not to meet any science requirement. So, that being the case I appear to be screwed in my attempt to use that course and the Dantes Humanity and The Race To Save The Planet course together in an attempt to meet my science requirement of six credits. Boy, am I glad I ordered that Dantes test only to find out Ican't use it!!!:confused: Sad

Hi RBOWMAN,

If you no longer wish to take the DANTES exam you ordered, you should be able to call the test center and explain that to them. You are not obliged to pay the full price + testing fee and actually take the exam, just because you have ordered it.

They will simply send it back, or keep it in stock for the next person who requests it. You don't need to waste any money on exam you don't need or can't use!

Just making sure you knew that,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

RBOWMAN,

Congrats on becoming a CHAMPION.

There aren't many people who can say they are a bona fide Champion...and it will look great on your resume!
hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,027 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,222 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 593 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 526 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 714 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,139 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 921 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 802 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,262 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,096 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore