Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor SE course and transfer as UL experience?
Has someone taken Saylor CS302 Software Engineering course? Any tips for success? Was it an easy UL transfer to TESU for their CIS-351 SE?
Several people have taken it. I don't know if it's easy, but it's certainly easier than the Network Technology TECEP that BACS students were previously forced to take.

BTW, if you're planning to do a flat-rate term at TESU, it's recommended to take TESU's SE course instead of the Saylor course. The TESU course is relatively easy, for an UL class, and so fits quite well into a flat-rate term.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-24-2023, 06:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Several people have taken it. I don't know if it's easy, but it's certainly easier than the Network Technology TECEP that BACS students were previously forced to take.

BTW, if you're planning to do a flat-rate term at TESU, it's recommended to take TESU's SE course instead of the Saylor course. The TESU course is relatively easy, for an UL class, and so fits quite well into a flat-rate term.
Thank you for the reply. I was trying to avoid a 15 credits term due to work and family responsibilities. However, I agree a flat rate term is ideal from many perspectives. I don’t know how hard it would be. May be at least one additional work day off each week during the term will help. But I am not sure. I definitely going to have to take weekends off if I go that route.
If you do the capstone, cornerstone, software engineering, and two ePacks, it's not too bad. Even if you have to pay for a course extension, it's still cheaper than the residency waiver.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For the BACS, skip the cornerstone, you can do the EDX course instead... I actually tried that course and finished it in a day, without completing the entire thing either, I skipped the final proctored quiz and still passed! You can take the capstone, PLA-1010, and 3 epacks...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-24-2023, 11:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For the BACS, skip the cornerstone, you can do the EDX course instead... I actually tried that course and finished it in a day, without completing the entire thing either, I skipped the final proctored quiz and still passed!  You can take the capstone, PLA-1010, and 3 epacks...
In one day, I always thought Edx course is just like a 12 week TESU term. What can one do to finish the cornerstone in one day? 
Did you do SE with Saylor?
I've reviewed the SE on Saylor. It is doable if you've done well with some of the SDC courses and do a speed review of the Saylor material. That's what I did and passed by a few points.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
(09-25-2023, 08:54 AM)spohara Wrote: I've reviewed the SE on Saylor.  It is doable if you've done well with some of the SDC courses and do a speed review of the Saylor material.  That's what I did and passed by a few points.
Thank you for your input @spohara! By SDC courses you meant TESU BACS AOS equivalencies? And was your SE from Saylor accepted as TESU UL SE requirement?
Here's my quick review of the course and screenshot of my completed work... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid404142
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-25-2023, 03:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's my quick review of the course and screenshot of my completed work... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid404142

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 207 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 304 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  CIS-351 Software Engineering - Course Experience? Sallym 38 4,621 03-05-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,730 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 821 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,030 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 497 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 765 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 620 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 720 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77