Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Depressed, Not a Good Start
Student Forum Post From TESU Class Wrote:I am not good with online learning but I prefer to work alone and not talk to anyone. I rather be in a guided study course and not have to communicate with any students. I will not answer students back but I will do my work and make a comment when required. 

I am taking this course because I want to with no previous experience or knowledge. I expect nothing from this course as with my total experience with TESU this is a means to an end with no real teacher. You have to learn for yourself and let someone just grade the assignments. The teachers don't even write the courses or test the school does. So expectations are zero, just get it done and move on in 3 months.

What type of person writes this kind of stuff in a class forum for an introduction?

TESU Professor Announcement (Yes the actual Professor of the class wrote this) : Wrote:This class will not be the most exciting you ever had. The material is not exciting.

Did I just walk into a mental institution for depressed people?  What is going on here?  Computer Scientists are supposed to get goosebumps at an unique arrangement of 1's and 0's, it doesn't take much to get us excited. lol

Imagine if one of these people were your cruise ship captain: Wrote:Welcome to the cruise ship.  This cruise ship is old and outdated and won't be the most riveting ship to be on.  

The food is worse than school cafeteria food.  The employees are overworked, miserable, underpaid, and the vast majority can't wait to get off this ship and leave it forever.  The entertainment is no better than amateur YouTube content. Most of the destinations are tourist traps that try to sell you overpriced junk you could buy off ebay.  

If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or severe stomach pains please see the cruise ship infirmary as there have been many recent outbreaks of viruses on this ship.  If you have any questions please don't ask them as I hate talking to people.
I took 4 TESU classes in February to get to 16 credits so that I don't have to pay the residency waiver.  I hope these forum posts don't get any worse.

Did anyone get strange forum posts in any of their classes at TESU or any other school?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • brainfroze, Dorothy44
Those are pretty crazy! Like, I know I have certainly thought some of that stuff about my Strayer classes but I certainly wouldn't dare post it in a Strayer forum. You're writing for SCHOOL. It's an academic setting. You're supposed to be at least somewhat professional. You're especially not supposed to tell students that they will hate the class because it's boring.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44, jch
(02-02-2021, 07:11 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Did anyone get strange forum posts in any of their classes?

Wow, just wow. I didn't have any experiences like that at TESU or WGU.

My instructor at TESU was very professional and engaged with students on the forums. Since TESU requires people to post on the forums, most students did the minimum they could get away with. So most forum posts were terrible rehashes of what other people said, or just super shallow (for introductions, etc.) The posts could have been made by bots (and may have been for some people), but nobody posted anything like that intro you quoted. Even if it isn't that far off from the truth in some cases, that wasn't really an appropriate intro IMO.

At WGU, folks don't have to use the forums, so they do so because they genuinely want to engage with the teachers or other students. The WGU forum for each course is actually useful. One of the first things I would always do when starting on a new course would be to download the forum archive for that class and review the old posts to look for useful tips.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Nothing like this in my experience at CSU Global or UMPI. At CSU Global, the discussions were graded and had a format to them. They had to be cited and contain x number of words. They were in response to a specific scenario given to you. The responses you had to make were also the same - cited, x number of words. If someone posted this at CSU Global, they'd be in for a long term! They probably would fail the course with that attitude.

At UMPI, the discussions are optional, but you're still given a scenario or specific questions to answer. Those who do respond post actual responses and are serious in my experience. Sounds like this person just doesn't want to be there and is forced to be there or feels trapped. They may have a crummy life.
Which TESU Class is this? I wonder if it was someone on this forum... who was it?! <It was me...err wasn't me>

LOL, if that was an introduction post, I assume it didn't really matter as that introduction ISN'T graded, the rest ARE.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I dont know why but this post makes me laugh. Lol.
Maybe coz its late and i study for Pentest+ for few long hours. But its hilarious. Wonder what grade the person will end up with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cofffeee's post:
  • a2jc4life, CableGuy98
There's something to be said (or not) about honesty.... Cool
The student's post is hilarious due to its unabashed honesty. The 'mentor's' is unprofessional. I, too, am curious what course this is. It is true that the mentors don't have any input into the material so perhaps the course is horrific but a 'glass half full' approach would be more encouraging and becoming of a paid professional.
[-] The following 2 users Like tallpilot's post:
  • a2jc4life, rachel83az
To answer your last question, I'm in an SOS-110 class right now and the latest forum post has one person who is teetering close to conspiracy theories. I'm not going to quote them here but I'm probably not going to choose to reply to them in the discussions.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
If there is a way to flag a post, I would suggest doing so. While it might be the student's honest opinion based on some experience, it can also have a negative demotivational effect on other students. I never had a professor be MIA during a TESU class, nor would I ever expect that to happen.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good study advice for my TECEPS? kowenboy 3 371 09-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Is it possible to start multiple terms? davidtpb 3 516 12-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 446 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Good for you TESU grads ! Pats20 0 689 01-31-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Intro Post: About to start BALS @ TESU rook 13 2,424 03-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU GenEds - best mix of cheap and good quality? Kartvelian 8 1,617 02-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Kartvelian
  TESU Honors/Organizations to join that look good on a resume? camjenks 0 798 01-15-2019, 09:09 AM
Last Post: camjenks
  TESU Course Start Date Question MrBossmanJr 2 891 01-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  When can you start your Capstone? pws 14 2,799 12-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Good Gen Eds to start with? blt93933 8 1,879 10-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL