Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all alone...Capstone.
So I signed up for the July term LIB-495 online course with Augustus Black based on RateMyProfessor reviews. When I signed up 10 days ago there was say 17/20 slots filled in his course. Yesterday, I checked back on the TESU Course Selection Results page, and I'm the only one in his course now (1/20).... How could 17 people drop the course or whatever before it even starts? I don't even really know if I have a question here I just thought this was pretty weird and wondered what others thought as I don't have much experience with this type of situation...

James Cody also has a few spots left, but that's it for July. Everyone else is booked. I'm thinking about whether I should just jump into Cody's class (he has reasonable reviews on here), instead of if I stick with this and a bunch of people don't join, they might stick me in some other cohort or something without my input.

I would preferably like to do this with C. Hansen, given the positive reviews on here, but she isn't teaching this month and as far as I can tell you can only see who is teaching the next month ahead, so who knows when that opportunity may present itself.
I don't know much. However, I know that I have read good things about Professor Cody too. Personally, I would probably switch, especially if it made me more comfortable. The Capstone is scary enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • ARhead
I think it's available slots.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • ARhead, manmanthegr8
(06-16-2021, 08:50 PM)Ideas Wrote: I think it's available slots.

ahhh, you're right...I'm a dummy.

Do you think I should just put off the capstone for the time being and go back to kindergarten like Billy Madison? ...  Rolleyes

Ah well, that's slightly embarrassing, but thanks for showing me my error.
(06-16-2021, 05:50 PM)ARhead Wrote: So I signed up for the July term LIB-495 online course with Augustus Black based on RateMyProfessor reviews. When I signed up 10 days ago there was say 17/20 slots filled in his course. Yesterday, I checked back on the TESU Course Selection Results page, and I'm the only one in his course now (1/20).... How could 17 people drop the course or whatever before it even starts? I don't even really know if I have a question here I just thought this was pretty weird and wondered what others thought as I don't have much experience with this type of situation...

James Cody also has a few spots left, but that's it for July. Everyone else is booked. I'm thinking about whether I should just jump into Cody's class (he has reasonable reviews on here), instead of if I stick with this and a bunch of people don't join, they might stick me in some other cohort or something without my input.

I would preferably like to do this with C. Hansen, given the positive reviews on here, but she isn't teaching this month and as far as I can tell you can only see who is teaching the next month ahead, so who knows when that opportunity may present itself.

I just had Dr. Black for the April term. He is a good mentor and you will learn a lot from him. I also turned in most of my work pretty early and Dr.Black graded it within the same day or the next day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes manmanthegr8's post:
  • ARhead
(06-16-2021, 09:16 PM)ARhead Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 08:50 PM)Ideas Wrote: I think it's available slots.

ahhh, you're right...I'm a dummy.

Do you think I should just put off the capstone for the time being and go back to kindergarten like Billy Madison? ...  Rolleyes

Ah well, that's slightly embarrassing, but thanks for showing me my error.

You were not entirely wrong, as I saw the same and held off registering as it showed 5/20 usually in this format it is a quantity that should go up not down, not having any indicator it looked like students were withdrawing from course. It should be showing 20/20 when class is full not 0/20 as more often than not, that indicates space available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Student87's post:
  • ARhead
Congrats on getting this far! Woo hoo, one more to go and you're at the finish line! Cheers!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead
For what it's worth, I'm also in Dr. Black's cohort for July, and I had the exact same freakout, and was prepared to call somebody and bitch... until I saw there were 0 people, went and looked to see that I was still registered, and then figured out that 0 was number of spaces available in the class, not number enrolled.

I am really looking forward to this class. I'm also taking the Info Literacy at the same time (my last two classes, once all my SDC and CLEP post to my evaluation) so I'm getting a jump start on the capstone. I've already got a topic idea and am starting collecting research sources.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • ARhead
You can switch classes once the term starts, so if you are in an empty class, you can move to a fuller one.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ARhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 322 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,315 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,026 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,135 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 844 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 657 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 868 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,922 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,648 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne