Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a vacation! <lol>
Wow, weird time to say... but... this is an amazing deal to the Maldives: $1995 USD 7 Nights
The closest island getaway I've ever had was 8 days in Hawaii, 4 on Maui, 4 on Oahu (Waikiki)
Link: https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/In...ay/358048/
Now, how am I going to afford this....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, rachel83az
My go-to island vacation is north Bali. Last August/September was my most recent trip and rented a 3 bedroom private villa with full staff for just under $1100 for the week. Probably another $200 with tips, but you can do less. The villa i had that time had a cook that was amazing, just had to choose a menu and give them cash for groceries....and it was way better and cheaper than eating out. I've flown there via Taipei and Hong Kong and would suggest Taipei between the 2 just because the airport is less catered to big spenders. The biggest issue most folk have with North bali is it is like 4 hours of ground transport after all the flying, so some might prefer to spend their first night on island in Kuta near the airport, but then you are in the thick of party party nightlife and everything is pricier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparklette's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Oh, I SO long to travel. I've bought three tickets to a foreign country for next year. They're not going to admit us. I feel like I'm giving the airline an interest-free loan.
Don't get too excited about Hawaii right now. You'd have to quarantine for 14 days once you arrive. They're VERY strict about the quarantine, too. Who knows how long this is going to last? If someone has a crystal ball and can share with us that info, that would be great!
(09-19-2020, 08:37 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Don't get too excited about Hawaii right now. You'd have to quarantine for 14 days once you arrive. They're VERY strict about the quarantine, too. Who knows how long this is going to last? If someone has a crystal ball and can share with us that info, that would be great!

The Spanish Flu pandemic lasted for about 2 years. I can't see this lasting a shorter period of time than that. Even if a vaccine is found, it's going to take time to deploy. Realistically, we're probably looking at early 2022 at the earliest before things can really start going back to normal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,206 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  Just Back From Vacation LaceyLady 6 1,344 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Last Post: STG
  vacation spots dc67 14 2,135 08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Last Post: dwoods
  My coming back from vacation horror story... twitterflix 6 1,931 09-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Matymus
  Im back from vacation twitterflix 3 1,608 08-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Last Post: twitterflix