Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some helps
Hi I am trying to create a degree plan with the credits and CLEP tests that I have already taken. This is for the AS in Computer & Information Technology.
I have created a spreadsheet of the credits I already have as well as the TESU requirements from their website, if someone could help me that would be great. Im trying to figure out if the credits i took at my college will transfer to any of the Area Of Study Requirements
If you meant to attach your spreadsheet, unfortunately nothing attached. It happens sometimes. Just make a new post with your information attached.

How long ago did you take the classes? TESU doesn't take classes that are more than 9 years old in the AOS.

Also, the AS in Computer and Information Technology at TESU would cost exactly the same TESU fees as a bachelor's degree due to the capstone requirement. You would be better off choosing to take a bachelor's degree instead. The ASNSM Computer Science doesn't have the capstone requirement and will be about $1500 cheaper as a result but it is still not a cheap degree to be going for.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Agreed you could do the ASNSM Computer Science and a bachelor (many options for that) for pretty much the same cost as AS in Computer & Information Technology alone at TESU; and likely not much more time for the bachelor. As the AS in Computer & Information Technology is a very expensive associate degree once you add in the residency waiver and AS specific capstone - which must be taken at TESU (the ASNSM Computer Science doesn't have a Capstone).  I would recommend to post your credits and we can help you come up with the most time/cost effective way to get you a degree (or two).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • rachel83az
List every college course you have taken so we can see what credits may transfer, you may already be close to an associates and you may on well be your way to a bachelors degree... I would sign up for Sophia.org and take all the courses that don't duplicate what you currently have, and also take the TEEX Cybersecurity freebies for free electives along with the TEEX Death Investigation course for UL Social Sciences (Criminal Justice). If you need a math course, then the CSM Learn would be the cheapest/easiest/fastest, you want to also look at InstantCertCredit.com for courses, as they have UL Managerial Accounting for $20+$15 proctor fee...

Question for you, do you have any aid? How about tuition assistance or reimbursement from work? Budget or a Fund for your education? If you do, then I suggest taking some credits at the school of choice, such as 12 credits at Excelsior for Enrolment or 16 credits at TESU for residency waiver. If you don't then, it maybe cheaper, easier, and/or faster to just do the last 6 (TESU), 7 credits (Excelsior) at the school...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]