Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need your help please. Went to Penn Foster
Can't have too many from same place so I can't keep going with Penn Foster. It will have to be a combo.
So this Insurance class is free and it's not Proctored? :hurray:

Found the beginners link. Looking over info.
Sorry for multiple replys it's delayed. When I see the posts.
Yes multiple places to get to 120 credits.
I will go one by one.
Going to get my transcripts over to TESU while I take the Ins class. This will give me an idea what they will take. I hope they send a comprehensive list. This way I can compare to what they need and what I can get.
The eval from TESU will show the different areas where you need courses, it's not the easiest thing in the world to read. But, no, you won't get a comprehensive list of courses you can take.

Read the forum for a few weeks, the Beginners Guide, and then look at the TESU degree you want, as well as Sanantone's list of courses you can take for each area. That's the best way to do this.

Trying to jump in and start taking courses/exams, without really understanding the requirements of the degree, as well as which courses fulfill those requirements and how to take those courses, makes it much more difficult.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sent ACE transcript to TESU and in process of sending from my old university with 1 class (3 credits).
Let's see what TESU has to say. Also working on Ethics from Institutes.
Once I have the feedback from TESU I will see what classes to continue with.
Still hardest thing for me is to map out what I need. Let's see what eval says and with advisor and your help I hope to zero in on what's needed.

Thank you all for your help. Specially bjcheung77 & dfrecore
Quick update. I am accepted and they have my transcript from ACE. Working on Ethics still hoping to have it wrapped up soon.
dino Wrote:Quick update. I am accepted and they have my transcript from ACE. Working on Ethics still hoping to have it wrapped up soon.

I don't think you need to do all the modules and read through everything in the ethics course, just do the exam in one window and have the course material in another window. I finished it after two tests, as I missed the mark by 2 the first try, I had 68. Second try, I had 80. You just need a 70 to pass.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sounds good. Thanks for your help. I will have it done very soon (some modules are interesting). Next step Aleks if I can get a confirmation from TESU that I need more math classes.
Done with Ethics. Waiting on TESU to look over transcripts so I can see what I need. Hoping to get something soon.
dino Wrote:Done with Ethics. Waiting on TESU to look over transcripts so I can see what I need. Hoping to get something soon.

Don't hold your breath - it will probably be the full 5 weeks, unfortunately. I swear, they hold your app and transcripts and do your eval the night before the 5-week timeframe is up. Not kidding, the last 2 evals I've had have all been done on the 25th business day exactly. Not a single day sooner, even though I was only transferring over 1 course from a CC the first time (and they received it electronically in 2 days) and the other from ACE (and they received that one in 1 day). There is no way they could have taken more than 5 minutes to evaluate and transfer over the courses. With 4 of the courses, they already had them in their system (ALEKS College Algebra, Insurance Ethics, Sophia's Project Management, and Kaplan PLA course). With the CC course, it was a requirement for my degree, and the exact course (Organizational Theory for the BSBA HR degree). No, they sit on them and wait the full number of days posted on the website, I am positive.

Ok, rant over! Thanks for listening. :-P
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Dino,

What is your ultimate goal? Your planning should be based on that, not only some perceived speed or cost savings (although important). Way too many people on here take some fast/easy route to find out later that a grad school or an employer didn't like all the PF, SL classes on their transcripts. It can save you a lot of time and headache if you plan in advance. WGU and Patton are not your only options for graduate. And for that matter, TESU, COSC, Excelsior are not your only options for undergrad.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,374 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Who knows if any Penn Foster College courses can fulfill any Area of study for TESU's Driel 0 774 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Driel
  Penn Foster to Excelsior Equivalents futuremrsmlb 3 1,484 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Last Post: principal
  Will Penn Foster's General Studies Cert fulfill TESU's gen ed requirements? pennfostertotesu 1 1,015 03-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Degree Program - Will it transfer to TESU? pennfostertotesu 12 4,508 02-26-2017, 05:08 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Penn Foster Classes and TESC Course Equivalencies Lists KayV 35 3,826 01-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: mvk
  Penn Foster - Business courses similar to Financial Management bjcheung77 18 2,886 09-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  Penn Foster Strategic Managemet New Course code tsimmns 12 1,468 09-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Penn Foster: Computer Applications in Accounting ACC-211 tmott04 5 878 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Marketing Research questions tesu-acct-student 7 1,194 07-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Last Post: ndelco