Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I received my diploma for my 20th degree
I forgot to post an "I'm done" thread after receiving my diploma from TESU. I received it a few days ago and didn't want to post anything until I knew for sure that I graduated. If you don't know already, this is my 20th degree. My first degree was in rocket science, my second degree was in medieval literature, and my third degree was in pumpkin carving. The other degrees aren't even worth mentioning after pumpkin carving. I mean, how do you top that? 

I earned the BSBA in CIS from TESU. I had been working on the business degree off and on since I graduated with my first associate's and bachelor's. In total, I've earned four undergraduate degrees from TESU. People look at my resume and think I've spent an inordinate amount of time in school, but I haven't. I hardly took any college classes for my second associate's or second bachelor's. Cumulatively, I spent about as much time and money earning these four degrees as someone would on one bachelor's degree. If it weren't for those two for-profits I attended a long time ago, I would have spent a lot less than a typical student spends on one bachelor's degree. My master's program took a little over a year, and I finished all but one of my doctoral courses in about two years. When I had the chance last year, I took my last elective. The rest of the time I've been procrastinating on my dissertation. So, I laugh when people say that I love school. I only spent about two years in an actual classroom. That doesn't mean I don't spend a lot of time learning. I'm always learning because I'm always reading or watching something educational.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 7 users Like sanantone's post:
  • a2jc4life, Joeman200, jsd, Life Long Learning, mc.christi, Nixi, studiousimp
Congrats! I'm happy you found your true calling in the Pumpkin Carving field, of course. I look forward to your dissertation for your Applied Pumpkin Carving PhD degree, once that throw away CJ degree is out of the way.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • Nixi, sanantone
(10-24-2017, 11:44 PM)jsd Wrote: Congrats! I'm happy you found your true calling in the Pumpkin Carving field, of course. I look forward to your dissertation for your Applied Pumpkin Carving PhD degree, once that throw away CJ degree is out of the way.

There are definitely more opportunities in teaching pumpkin carving. I don't know why chose to earn a PhD in CJ instead. Halloween is coming soon, and my bachelor's in pumpkin carving is not enough to apply to all these openings I've been seeing.  Sad
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
Congratulations....I think...
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You have been very productive.  That is very neat!  I am glad you are also rewarded for all your academic work.  

Degree collecting might turn into an addiction for you as you are darn good at this.  Big Grin

Congratulations!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Whilst I was laughing at the humor, I really was thinking: How many degrees do you actually have?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(10-25-2017, 10:14 AM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Degree collecting might turn into an addiction for you as you are darn good at this.  Big Grin

Not the OP, but I am definitely considering the advanced degree program in degree collecting, after I finish the prerequisites Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • a2jc4life, Life Long Learning
TxState - PhD CJ (ABD)
Angelo - Master of Security Studies (finished in 14 months and under $11k) & Grad Cert Terrorism
TESC - BA Soc Sci, AAS ESST, ASNSM in Bio, BSBA CIS

Congrats! Those degrees look good on you! I think the ones from TESU are very good choices.
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Tech, ASNSM Biology, BA SS (I assume in CJ?), and BSBA CIS!
How much did that Grad Cert in Terrorism cost you? Was it included with the cost of the Masters?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-26-2017, 11:31 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TxState - PhD CJ (ABD)
Angelo - Master of Security Studies (finished in 14 months and under $11k) & Grad Cert Terrorism
TESC - BA Soc Sci, AAS ESST, ASNSM in Bio, BSBA CIS

Congrats! Those degrees look good on you! I think the ones from TESU are very good choices.
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Tech, ASNSM Biology, BA SS (I assume in CJ?), and BSBA CIS!
How much did that Grad Cert in Terrorism cost you? Was it included with the cost of the Masters?

I used a variety of courses for my social science degree, but most were psychology. Only a few of my CJ courses counted as social sciences.

I unintentionally earned the graduate certificate on the way to earning my master's. In order to finish as fast as I wanted to, I had to take the couple of electives being offered one summer even though I had no interest in those courses. I just happened to meet all the requirements for a certificate, and it cost me nothing to apply for graduation.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(10-24-2017, 11:32 PM)sanantone Wrote: I forgot to post an "I'm done" thread after receiving my diploma from TESU. I received it a few days ago and didn't want to post anything until I knew for sure that I graduated. If you don't know already, this is my 20th degree. My first degree was in rocket science, my second degree was in medieval literature, and my third degree was in pumpkin carving. The other degrees aren't even worth mentioning after pumpkin carving. I mean, how do you top that? 

I earned the BSBA in CIS from TESU. I had been working on the business degree off and on since I graduated with my first associate's and bachelor's. In total, I've earned four undergraduate degrees from TESU. People look at my resume and think I've spent an inordinate amount of time in school, but I haven't. I hardly took any college classes for my second associate's or second bachelor's. Cumulatively, I spent about as much time and money earning these four degrees as someone would on one bachelor's degree. If it weren't for those two for-profits I attended a long time ago, I would have spent a lot less than a typical student spends on one bachelor's degree. My master's program took a little over a year, and I finished all but one of my doctoral courses in about two years. When I had the chance last year, I took my last elective. The rest of the time I've been procrastinating on my dissertation. So, I laugh when people say that I love school. I only spent about two years in an actual classroom. That doesn't mean I don't spend a lot of time learning. I'm always learning because I'm always reading or watching something educational.

What courses did you use to complete the CIS area of study? How was the CSU programming course/exam?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,869 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,310 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627