Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI chatbot passes Wharton MBA course
Wow this is amazing.  It might revolutionize the plagiarism industry LOL.  

https://archive.fo/nKbcQ#selection-1357.0-1362.0
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • nomaduser
There are a lot of contradicting statements in that article regarding Elon Musk and MBAs as well as a lot of missing information that would add context. 

Let's start with the first sentence of the article.

Elon Musk has long dismissed the MBA as irrelevant or damaging, but now a company backed by the outspoken tech entrepreneur is threatening to directly undermine the value of the flagship business degree: the artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT.

MBA are irrelevant? Ok then why did Elon Musk say that MBA's are running most top companies, which is a fact?

“I think there might be too many M.B.A.s running companies,” the Tesla Inc. chief executive said. “There’s the M.B.A.-ization of America, which I think is maybe not that great," said Elon Musk.

Backed by the outspoken tech entrepreneur?

He is one of many investors. He's not running the company. I bought shares of ExxonMobil. Recently Exxon Mobile had an oil spill. Now LevelUp is directly contributing to ruining our environment. Blah, blah, blah.

Musk has argued that MBA graduates lack sufficient critical-thinking skills and focus too much on boardroom meetings and financial performance at the expense of getting close to product and walking the factory floor.

Yes, colleges could train MBA's better. It would be nice if the world had unicorns and flying pink elephants. We get it. 

The language and intuition are right, but even relatively simple middle-school math it got so wrong.

ChatGPT is not designed to do high-level math. Duh.

Sparked concern from many academics including those in business schools that students will use it to cheat in their essays and exams.

The author fails to mention that there are AI detection tools. While it should be 100% standard that all colleges use AI detection tools, lazy and incompetent administrators will likely be slow to adopt these tools.

Predicted mitigation measures including “going back to handwritten work

This statement is so dumb, I thought it was a joke. I don't get it?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
sooo i basicaly had to finish my papers before everyone will start cheating on it? lol
People have cheated long before ChatGPT and other AIs came around. They'll continue cheating long after. Unfortunately, most of the so-called anti-AI-cheating methods being proposed right now are ableist in some way. And they do nothing to solve the ultimate cheating problem anyway. Such as forcing everyone into a real classroom for learning and exams. People can and do cheat in-person. But forcing in-person would exclude many people who are unable to attend on a regular basis, whatever that reason might be.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda, suzycupcake
I added my Communications professor on LinkedIn when I was in his class. Interestingly, he’s been sharing about this and he’s all for it, from what I can tell. He advocates for teaching students to utilize it as a tool. Similar to Grammarly and other resources.

Here’s another take on it. https://medium.com/@fergal.treanor/the-s...144630b324
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
As we move forward in the digital age, it is undeniable that artificial intelligence will play an increasingly significant role in our daily lives. In much the same way that online research has replaced the need to physically visit libraries and sift through stacks of books, AI will revolutionize the way we interact with technology and perform various tasks. While some may view this integration with skepticism, it is a reality that we must come to terms with. In the short term, it is likely that we will see more interactive forms of education, such as virtual meetings where students can defend their arguments and receive real-time feedback from their professors, which could ultimately enhance their understanding of the material.

(Three sentence statement cleaned up and expanded by ChatGpt  Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin )
[-] The following 1 user Likes teejayb's post:
  • suzycupcake
(01-23-2023, 12:11 AM)ashkir Wrote: sooo i basicaly had to finish my papers before everyone will start cheating on it? lol

It's a funny thought that our parents told us they completed school without Google. Now we'll tell our kids we completed school without AI tools  Big Grin
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • StudiousTraveller
The only use case for ChatGPT are unsuspecting high school students who want to cheat. According to some professors I spoke to who submitted their homework questions to ChatGPT, turnitin.com reveals the sources where ChatGPT got the answers from. High School students think ChatGPT answered the question themselves, but what it really does is it does an Google/Internet search and uses NLG to answer in a nice conversational tone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wharton's Big Gamble Alpha 11 1,266 09-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: ThatBankDude