Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If anyone from Study.com is reading
...can you please help answer my question?

I sent in a support ticket weeks ago - saying I prepaid for a year on the annual plan, and asking whether i can pause the account in a similar way as when i was on the monthly plan. my thought was that perhaps the pause simply extended the access for X number of months (however long i paused) since 12 months were prepaid.

The customer service rep sent me a canned response telling me to just press the pause button and i would not be billed for the following month.... well obviously that doesn't apply to my situation - since there is no pause button; and i already paid. I replied back to her, explaining that her reply did not fit my situation... still no response. This has been going on since about April 20. I really just need to know the answer: can i pause [or not ?] on annual? the reason i need to know is that i am pursuing some IT certs and I wanted to pause Study.com to devote a couple months to studying for the certs. If I can't pause though, i may not be able to do that, so i need to know what the options are - i just need to be able to plan out my next month. 

my exams 'renew' in about 10 days so it would be great if someone could please answer this question for me before then... thanks everyone
I just paused mine, but I'm on monthly. I think annual subscriptions can't be paused. Did you check the option under membership on your dashboard?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I'm pretty sure you cannot pause annual accounts because all pausing does is stop Study.com from auto-billing you for the next month. It doesn't interrupt your current subscription or allow you to pause in the middle of a subscription.

The only difference between pausing and canceling is that when paused you retain your current subscription rate, so if the rates go up you stay at the same rate. If you cancel, you come back at the prevailing subscription rate. Both kick in at the end of your current subscription month.

So even if you could pause an annual plan, all that would do would mean at the end of the year your account would not auto-renew for another year. But I don't think annual plans auto-renew anyway.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • saraholson
(05-04-2019, 12:37 AM)saraholson Wrote: ...can you please help answer my question?

I sent in a support ticket weeks ago - saying I prepaid for a year on the annual plan, and asking whether i can pause the account in a similar way as when i was on the monthly plan. my thought was that perhaps the pause simply extended the access for X number of months (however long i paused) since 12 months were prepaid.

The customer service rep sent me a canned response telling me to just press the pause button and i would not be billed for the following month.... well obviously that doesn't apply to my situation - since there is no pause button; and i already paid. I replied back to her, explaining that her reply did not fit my situation... still no response. This has been going on since about April 20. I really just need to know the answer: can i pause [or not ?] on annual? the reason i need to know is that i am pursuing some IT certs and I wanted to pause Study.com to devote a couple months to studying for the certs. If I can't pause though, i may not be able to do that, so i need to know what the options are - i just need to be able to plan out my next month. 

my exams 'renew' in about 10 days so it would be great if someone could please answer this question for me before then... thanks everyone

I’d love to know the confirmed answer on this as well. I was considering getting the annual plan for my son next school year, but if we can’t pause it for the summer, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes alab21's post:
  • saraholson
(05-04-2019, 05:53 AM)Merlin Wrote: I'm pretty sure you cannot pause annual accounts because all pausing does is stop Study.com from auto-billing you for the next month. It doesn't interrupt your current subscription or allow you to pause in the middle of a subscription.

The only difference between pausing and canceling is that when paused you retain your current subscription rate, so if the rates go up you stay at the same rate. If you cancel, you come back at the prevailing subscription rate. Both kick in at the end of your current subscription month.

So even if you could pause an annual plan, all that would do would mean at the end of the year your account would not auto-renew for another year. But I don't think annual plans auto-renew anyway.

What i thought would make the most sense is, if you pause, you get X amount of time tacked on to the end of your access. So say your sub would normally expire in July 2019 if you had no pauses. If you DID pause for 1 month, your sub would then move forward and not expire until Aug 2019. 

I am trying to get Study.com themselves to answer this question since it isn't specified anywhere and it's hard to imagine they wouldn't have thought of this situation

lol meanwhile we are going on OVER 14 days since i first contacted support. i just got this message in reply to my latest request for follow up:

"Thank you for your patience!
The issue has been escalated to the Internal team and you will receive a follow up once there is a resolve"

oh dear...
[-] The following 1 user Likes saraholson's post:
  • alab21
I hope you get a definitive answer soon BUT I also had an issue with Study (something I felt should have been so easy to resolve), 5 emails, 4 voicemails, I was “escalated” 3x and 3 weeks later my problem was never resolved. I finally did a work around but never got an answer. I hope your situation turns out differently.

I remember a previous discussion on this issue and it was said that an annual account can’t be paused. Not sure if that’s accurate though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • saraholson
(05-04-2019, 04:09 PM)saraholson Wrote: What i thought would make the most sense is, if you pause, you get X amount of time tacked on to the end of your access. So say your sub would normally expire in July 2019 if you had no pauses. If you DID pause for 1 month, your sub would then move forward and not expire until Aug 2019. 

That seems reasonable to me as well, but that would require extra work for Study.com to do and I doubt they be willing to add that functionality. The pause feature is basically free since all they really had to do is add a date field to your account record that indicates not to renew your sub until that date has passed.

What you're asking for requires a bit more effort on their part, and could lead to more error, so it probably isn't worth the effort or risk for SDC to implement such a feature for the handful of people who use annual accounts. That said, if they did add it, it would also mean that monthly subs could also be paused in the middle of the month, which could be helpful to some people.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
OK - I just got a reply saying they don't allow pauses on an annual membership.

Not sure why it took them almost a month to give me that info.
(05-06-2019, 03:26 PM)saraholson Wrote: OK - I just got a reply saying they don't allow pauses on an annual membership.

Not sure why it took them almost a month to give me that info.

Bummer - sorry to hear that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,342 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,596 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,430 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 742 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 587 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 311 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM