Former Gov Mitt Romney
5.88%
2 5.88%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Prez Primary was today ...
Mike Huckabee because I agree with him on the majority of the issues and he is the only candidate who supports the Fair Tax, which is a major issue for me. If you don't know the specifics about this issue, I strongly urge you to read the "Fair Tax Book" by Neil Boortz, or visit fairtax.org. It is not a republican or democrat sided issue. The Fair Tax among other things will eliminate the income tax, medicare tax, social sec. tax, death tax, etc. and replace them with a federal consumption tax. The tax is the same for everybody (23%). It sounds like a lot, but look at your paycheck stub and see how much you pay in taxes now.

A few key parts that the opposition to the Fair Tax leave out of their arguements are:
1. Every U.S. Citizen will get a monthly prebate (rebate, before the fact) that will cover what the monthly taxes would be to buy essentials. So, if a person only bought essential goods, they would never have to pay taxes because it would be covered by the prebate.

2. It is tougher on crime, especially illeagal immigration. Because the way the tax system is now, drug dealers, members of organized crime, and illeagal immigrants don't pay taxes on their income. Under the Fair Tax, they would pay every time they bought anything in the U.S. (and illeagal immigrants wouldn't have the prebate to fall back on because they're not U.S. citizens)

3. It would help U.S. companies compete in overseas trade because it will cut out corporate taxes, as well as the imbetted taxes that they pay for materials so they could offer goods cheaper here and overseas.

There are many other specifics about the Fair Tax that I don't have time or room to go into here, but some states (Texas, Florida, New Hampshire) already operate under the same idea.

I know I don't agree with Mike Huckabee on every issue out there, but I believe that you have to look at the person that agrees with the issue that you feel most strongly about and go from there. I do not label myself a republican or democrat because depending on who wins the nomination, I could see myself voting either way. I think if it comes down to Hillary and Rudi, I will stay home. Also, don't knock someone elses views, just express you own. Having the right to express your beliefs is one of the things that makes this country great.

Chuck
[SIZE="1"]AAS (Electronics), TESC-Done
BA Psychology, TESC-Done & waiting
Tests- Eng. Comp. w/ Essay-51, Principles of Mgmt.-59, Intro. to Soc.-62, US History I-66, US History II-61, Intro. to Psych.-68, Biology-55, A&I Lit.-62, Ed. Psych.-63, Soc. Sci. and History-63, Human Growth & Development-65, American Gov't-64, Tech. Writing-63, HTYH-64, Drug & Alc. Abuse-58, Org. Behavior-67, Prin. of Statistics-62, Intro. World Religion-68, Intro to Computing-403, Ethics-439. Research Methods in Psych.-A, Psych. of Personality TECEP-73, Abnormal Psych TECEP-74, Industrial Psych-71
Next-???[/SIZE]
Check out this cool online quiz to help you select a candidate:
Select a Candidate 2008

My most likely choices would be Giuliani or Kucinich...
Chris
[SIZE="1"]120 credits, 3.60 GPA, B.S. General Business, Excelsior College to be conferred 6/20/08 Cool

CLEP Accounting-71, Humanities-70, Marketing-78, Macro-70, Sociology-66, HG&D-72, Management-77, American Gov't-63, Business Law-73, Edu Psych-67, Biology-71; DSST MIS-66, Statistics-78, Principles of Finance-66, Money & Banking-65, Health-65, Business Law II-69, Environment-68, HRM-70; ECE Ethics-A, Org Behavior-B, Info Lit-P, Labor Relations-C, Ops Mgt-A, Business Strategy-B[/SIZE]
chromo Wrote:Check out this cool online quiz to help you select a candidate:
Select a Candidate 2008

Interesting quiz, my most likely choices were Tancredo and Huckabee.
[SIZE="1"]AAS (Electronics), TESC-Done
BA Psychology, TESC-Done & waiting
Tests- Eng. Comp. w/ Essay-51, Principles of Mgmt.-59, Intro. to Soc.-62, US History I-66, US History II-61, Intro. to Psych.-68, Biology-55, A&I Lit.-62, Ed. Psych.-63, Soc. Sci. and History-63, Human Growth & Development-65, American Gov't-64, Tech. Writing-63, HTYH-64, Drug & Alc. Abuse-58, Org. Behavior-67, Prin. of Statistics-62, Intro. World Religion-68, Intro to Computing-403, Ethics-439. Research Methods in Psych.-A, Psych. of Personality TECEP-73, Abnormal Psych TECEP-74, Industrial Psych-71
Next-???[/SIZE]
Pretty cool website...I found that I agreed with 3 nominees that I never heard of, and thankfully Billary, Obama, and Gulianni are all at the bottom. Sad thing is that in America, the candidate with the money wins. The chance of getting a President who values what the majority of Americans want is very small. A nominee who speaks out against illegals, homosexuality and abortion just kissed goodbye their chances of winning. Yes, a very negative view...I know...but unfortunately the truth. With only 1/3 of the nation actually voting (the majority of those who don't would vote against these items I listed) that leaves special interest groups getting their way. In the end you have a political system as corrupt as any third world country's. I'll be sure to vote my conscious, just with very little hope that it will make a difference. In case you haven't noticed...I have very little faith in politicians.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Basket Weaver Wrote:With only 1/3 of the nation actually voting (the majority of those who don't would vote against these items I listed) that leaves special interest groups getting their way.

I agree that the best way to get a decent president is probably just to encourage more people to vote in the primaries (and don't even bother to suggest who for).
Chris
[SIZE="1"]120 credits, 3.60 GPA, B.S. General Business, Excelsior College to be conferred 6/20/08 Cool

CLEP Accounting-71, Humanities-70, Marketing-78, Macro-70, Sociology-66, HG&D-72, Management-77, American Gov't-63, Business Law-73, Edu Psych-67, Biology-71; DSST MIS-66, Statistics-78, Principles of Finance-66, Money & Banking-65, Health-65, Business Law II-69, Environment-68, HRM-70; ECE Ethics-A, Org Behavior-B, Info Lit-P, Labor Relations-C, Ops Mgt-A, Business Strategy-B[/SIZE]
chromo Wrote:Check out this cool online quiz to help you select a candidate:
Select a Candidate 2008

Just took the quiz! My top 3 were Kucinich(what a surprise! Wink ), Ron Paul and Guiliani.

Was actually shocked to see two Republicans crack my top 3! But Edwards was number 4. Mike Gravel ?? was number 5.
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
Howdy, ya'll!

I have been long vacant from this forum, but as the originator of this controversial thread :eek:, I couldn't help but immerge to comment on this quote:

april004 Wrote:"“I can't imagine what it would be like to have met the love of my life and…to have such a depth of feeling for her and then be told that no, you can't—you just can't be married, because there is a certain rule or law that won't let that happen,” Kucinich said. "That would be devastating."

I think Kucinich meant, "I can't imagine what it would be like to have met the love of my life and…to have such a depth of feeling for HIM ...." Alas, by his choice of words, he eluded his wife's eyebrows---or atleast those of the rest of the country. Or maybe Kucinich secretly ... no, never mind.

With sincere respect to you April, I, too, was raised in an independent fundamental, heaven high, hell deep, blued steel Baptist home. Your current views are far removed from your roots.

Ron Paul is pro-Constitution! Pro-America! Anti-Establishment! Go Ron Paul 2008!

Had to stir the pot!Wink
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
Southron Boy Wrote:Howdy, ya'll!

With sincere respect to you April, I, too, was raised in an independent fundamental, heaven high, hell deep, blued steel Baptist home. Your current views are far removed from your roots.

Had to stir the pot!Wink

Well, maybe that's why. I was always the one questioning everyone from my Sunday School teachers to my history teachers. I've always been the nail that couldn't be hammered down from when I was young and to this day still am. Smile
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 650 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Udemy-Practical Ethical Hacking course-today Imbanewbie 4 1,378 04-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Snow Day! No school today! bjcheung77 0 890 01-15-2020, 01:37 PM
  FREE Udemy - Learn Python Programming! (Free offer ends today!) bjcheung77 2 1,028 01-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  my book is free today! cookderosa 2 1,005 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Purdue University President remarks at 2019 commencement on today' Snowflake students Life Long Learning 2 1,219 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Today is my penultimate day at Boeing. dewisant 4 1,263 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: icampy
  New baby in the world today jsd 11 2,208 09-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Today's the last day to get your WINDOWS 10 upgrade FREE! Get it by Midnight! bjcheung77 2 967 07-29-2016, 07:35 PM
  Giving my first college lecture today.... rebel100 12 2,689 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Last Post: RebelPlatypus