Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impressive WGU MBA Grad.
I had all my non-capstone courses completed 14 days after my enrollment date, but I started working on them when I got access two weeks earlier. Officially I started November 1 and my final capstone task passed December 21. Maybe I should write a book, "How To Get An MBA In 2 Months Without Missing Your Kids' Class Halloween & Christmas Parties."

A lot of it boils down to:
-Prior business study
-Writing ability
-Having blocks of uninterrupted time to write
-Self-discipline
[-] The following 9 users Like amilitab4k9's post:
  • alexf.1990, cookderosa, GoodYellowDogs, lalacabore, Muldoon, neutrino, quigongene, ReyMysterioso, Toastmaster
How would someone who is interested in the WGU MBA get access to the assignments to complete them in advance (assuming they have not enrolled, or even applied, yet)?
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SDO's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-28-2018, 08:13 AM)SDO Wrote: How would someone who is interested in the WGU MBA get access to the assignments to complete them in advance (assuming they have not enrolled, or even applied, yet)?

WGU lets students enroll and begin some courses for up to a month before the official start date (unless the student did an undergrad at WGU). They can't hand in assignments or take exams, but they can be doing the reading, writing, and studying.

But, I suspect some people are getting the information from others, so they can start more than a month early.

Personally, I think it's wrong to say that someone completed their non-capstone coursework in X weeks if they took advantage of the "up to a month" beforehand, or even if they were not enrolled, if they started working for weeks. I think all those beforehand weeks count.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ideas's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, SDO, Toastmaster
(12-28-2018, 08:23 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 08:13 AM)SDO Wrote: How would someone who is interested in the WGU MBA get access to the assignments to complete them in advance (assuming they have not enrolled, or even applied, yet)?

WGU lets students enroll and begin some courses for up to a month before the official start date (unless the student did an undergrad at WGU). They can't hand in assignments or take exams, but they can be doing the reading, writing, and studying.

But, I suspect some people are getting the information from others, so they can start more than a month early.

Personally, I think it's wrong to say that someone completed their non-capstone coursework in X weeks if they took advantage of the "up to a month" beforehand, or even if they were not enrolled, if they started working for weeks. I think all those beforehand weeks count.

I agree.  If you worked for 4 weeks before the official start date, those have to count in how long it actually took you to complete the program.  Just because it wasn't "official"...seems silly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Maybe if the reason you're counting is to figure out how many terms it took you (and therefore cost), but if you're count to see how long it was (in terms of how long you worked on it) then it obviously makes sense to count the head start
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs

I too would like to know this.  I would love to work on my course work for 6 months, and then enroll and work for another 6 months "officially".  That would be a good speed for me.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toastmaster's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(01-01-2019, 08:35 PM)Toastmaster Wrote:

I too would like to know this.  I would love to work on my course work for 6 months, and then enroll and work for another 6 months "officially".  That would be a good speed for me.

I'm going to have months of downtime between when I finish my capstone (mid Jan) and will be able to officially start my MBA (April 1st – or May 1st if graduation doesn't occur by March 14th) so I'll probably be looking for similar info for the MBA ITM so I can do research and work on the papers while I have the downtime.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Ideas
A hypothetical exercise:

I'm (almost?) crazy enough to try and do Purdue Global's entire MBA in 6 weeks, or some other school's competency MBA which did not require other people (who could slow things down). And I'm sure there are others who would be crazy enough. If the school would cooperate and make sure I/they were never waiting on something, and if they would let me/them enroll in the capstone without a minimum amount of time remaining. (WGU wants a minimum amount of time left in the term, or they make you wait for another term.)

I doubt that a school would cooperate with such a plan, but you never know. I feel like maybe some school will someday, for the publicity. (I'm not keen on publicity.) I feel I could do it because I have some prior knowledge from my BSBA and personal reading/learning. Of course I'd have to rearrange my life for this. Others may be more likely to succeed than I would because of having even more prior knowledge.

(PG's chat rep seemed a little annoyed with me when I was asking if I could complete the degree in 12 weeks. Then I asked if I could complete it in 18 weeks and she seemed to really think I was not listening/understanding at all.)

(01-09-2019, 08:30 PM)Ideas Wrote: A hypothetical exercise:

I'm (almost?) crazy enough to try and do Purdue Global's entire MBA in 6 weeks, or some other school's competency MBA which did not require other people (who could slow things down). And I'm sure there are others who would be crazy enough. If the school would cooperate and make sure I/they were never waiting on something, and if they would let me/them enroll in the capstone without a minimum amount of time remaining. (WGU wants a minimum amount of time left in the term, or they make you wait for another term.)

I doubt that a school would cooperate with such a plan, but you never know. I feel like maybe some school will someday, for the publicity. (I'm not keen on publicity.) I feel I could do it because I have some prior knowledge from my BSBA and personal reading/learning. Of course I'd have to rearrange my life for this. Others may be more likely to succeed than I would because of having even more prior knowledge.

(PG's chat rep seemed a little annoyed with me when I was asking if I could complete the degree in 12 weeks. Then I asked if I could complete it in 18 weeks and she seemed to really think I was not listening/understanding at all.)

That doesn't surprise me. It's why their bachelors has 180 credits instead of 120 for a BA. They want you to stick around and spend more, not that they said those words but that was the impression I got when working with them.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(01-09-2019, 09:09 PM)Life_One Wrote: That doesn't surprise me. It's why their bachelors has 180 credits instead of  120 for a BA. They want you to stick around and spend more, not that they said those words but that was the impression I got when working with them.

180! Wow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,281 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 554 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IUBH - Another low cost European Grad option posabsolute 18 5,975 03-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: JPN
Exclamation Reading through this board for cheap grad schools but don't see MITx or Coursera??? Randyb100 30 4,650 12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In LevelUP 8 1,338 11-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret