Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Danger of Missing March Graduation.
(12-03-2019, 04:42 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Someone is looking into my ability to register for the TECEP late for December Term, but it isn't looking good so far.  

The next start date for Deep Learning with STA is 6 NOV 2020 unfortunately.

I'm pretty good with Math though.  Are we positive that TESU accepts cooper-smith credits and that Linear Algebra comes in as an UL? The ACE recommendation says lower or upper (first time I've ever seen that).  I'd normally be all on board, but with TESU's recent mix up with which credits they accept, I'm a bit more cautious/paranoid.  I'll also email my POC at the school right now to see if this course is approved.  

Thank you all for the help.

According to this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid294744 it was approved for a BACS AOS (MAT-321) in September. I would still double check with TESU prior to taking it though to be certain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • Zachcleigh
(12-03-2019, 07:30 PM)shadowgem Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 04:42 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Someone is looking into my ability to register for the TECEP late for December Term, but it isn't looking good so far.  

The next start date for Deep Learning with STA is 6 NOV 2020 unfortunately.

I'm pretty good with Math though.  Are we positive that TESU accepts cooper-smith credits and that Linear Algebra comes in as an UL? The ACE recommendation says lower or upper (first time I've ever seen that).  I'd normally be all on board, but with TESU's recent mix up with which credits they accept, I'm a bit more cautious/paranoid.  I'll also email my POC at the school right now to see if this course is approved.  

Thank you all for the help.

According to this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid294744 it was approved for a BACS AOS (MAT-321) in September. I would still double check with TESU prior to taking it though to be certain.
Thank you for that! I've already sent an email to my POC about this.  Hoping for a reply tomorrow.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Apply for graduation.
An example of TESU.
Oct. 1 graduation deadline.
Oct. 15 alternative credits deadline (need to be post marked that date from the vendor, SL, SDC, etc)
Oct. 27 TESU course credit deadline (all courses taking at TESU).

a few additional details.
TESU doesn't perform the audit until the TESU course is complete (Oct. 27), meaning the Oct. 15 deadline is closer to Oct. 22 because courses don't get audited until TESU courses are complete.

The same rule applies for other graduation dates.
(12-03-2019, 05:23 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Unfortunately, I won't retain the job offer without the degree.  I applied knowing that a degree was required, but that the start date was after i returned from deployment/graduated.  A June graduation will not happen in time for the job, so I really need to figure this one out.

Another question I'm concerned about is the residency waiver fee in association with this issue.  

If I apply for graduation for both degree, I'd only pay the waiver fee one time.  If the Accounting degree went through, but the CS didn't wouldn't I have to pay the waiver again for June?

Apply for graduation for BOTH degrees (at the same time).  But Do Not graduate with only one in March, then the second in June - the waiver may apply for 12 months, but if there is any gap in the graduation dates you have to pay an additional graduation fee, and then you fall under the rules of the 2nd degree (and the # of credits that must be earned AFTER graduating with the first degree).   When you apply to graduate with both for March and only one is complete, TESU will not automatically graduate you with the one (although they will offer you the option - don't take it)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • davewill, Zachcleigh
(12-04-2019, 09:18 AM)allvia Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 05:23 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Unfortunately, I won't retain the job offer without the degree.  I applied knowing that a degree was required, but that the start date was after i returned from deployment/graduated.  A June graduation will not happen in time for the job, so I really need to figure this one out.

Another question I'm concerned about is the residency waiver fee in association with this issue.  

If I apply for graduation for both degree, I'd only pay the waiver fee one time.  If the Accounting degree went through, but the CS didn't wouldn't I have to pay the waiver again for June?

Apply for graduation for BOTH degrees (at the same time).  But Do Not graduate with only one in March, then the second in June - the waiver may apply for 12 months, but if there is any gap in the graduation dates you have to pay an additional graduation fee, and then you fall under the rules of the 2nd degree (and the # of credits that must be earned AFTER graduating with the first degree).   When you apply to graduate with both for March and only one is complete, TESU will not automatically graduate you with the one (although they will offer you the option - don't take it)

This is very good advice that I feel is not common knowledge in this community.  We need more posts like this! Thank you.

Good news!!! My POC from TESU got back to me and said that the Linear Algebra course will work, as many have stated.

I contacted Coopersmith and it turns out they do a 20% discount for Active Military members as well! This takes the price from $150 down to $120!

At this point I'm just waiting to be emailed my coupon code for application during checkout.

Thank you again to everyone for the help! It's time to hit the books for Linear Algebra.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • alab21
(12-04-2019, 09:51 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 09:18 AM)allvia Wrote:

This is very good advice that I feel is not common knowledge in this community.  We need more posts like this! Thank you.

Good news!!! My POC from TESU got back to me and said that the Linear Algebra course will work, as many have stated.  

I contacted Coopersmith and it turns out they do a 20% discount for Active Military members as well! This takes the price from $150 down to $120!

At this point I'm just waiting to be emailed my coupon code for application during checkout.

Thank you again to everyone for the help! It's time to hit the books for Linear Algebra.

Now that you are doing that. Make sure linear algebra is pre planned into your degree.
(12-04-2019, 09:51 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote: ... It's time to hit the books for Linear Algebra.

[Image: 911AZf1C7YL.jpg]
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Hey while you are at it since you decided to do linear algebra and have a bunch of math, you might have the math associates done as well. Check and see if you do, why not apply for that as well, it will literally cost no extra money and if you have it done it will be no extra work.
(12-05-2019, 10:07 PM)natshar Wrote: Hey while you are at it since you decided to do linear algebra and have a bunch of math, you might have the math associates done as well. Check and see if you do, why not apply for that as well, it will literally cost no extra money and if you have it done it will be no extra work.
I’ll look into this. Thank you.
(12-06-2019, 02:19 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 10:07 PM)natshar Wrote: Hey while you are at it since you decided to do linear algebra and have a bunch of math, you might have the math associates done as well. Check and see if you do, why not apply for that as well, it will literally cost no extra money and if you have it done it will be no extra work.
I’ll look into this. Thank you.

They will just add this to your evaluation and then you can choose it when you apply for graduation (no extra cost to you at all) - it's a ASNSM in Mathematics

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/mathematics
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 691 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 701 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  TESU transcript before graduation spohara 2 692 10-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Graduation question gams007 5 724 07-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Theoretical question: Adding ACE credits to a TESU transcript after graduation? studyingfortests 12 1,583 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Double Graduation Fee Concern Sallym 2 684 05-22-2022, 03:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Graduation Application for multiple degrees? elenlushk 4 1,019 12-12-2021, 10:32 PM
  Graduation? Technesse 7 1,150 11-21-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: romoh