Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of help figuring out the plan for BSAST in Technical Studies. fastest way
HI
Can I please get some help with my plan. I'm not sure what I can take that will be the easiest and fastest way to finish this degree. There are these "degree requirements" but do I have to take those exact classes? or can something sub for it? I have alot of extra credits can I use some of those credits ? I would love to test out of as much as possible. Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance I attached my spreadsheet which really just a modified copy of one I got off here.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">BSAST in Technical Studies.xlsx (Size: 15.12 KB / Downloads: 6)
For English Comp I and II, you can take the CLEP.

For Oral Communications, Straighterline or Study.com are recommended. Some people take the DSST but you have to create and deliver a speech in 20 minutes or something like that, so it can be hard to pass for many people.

For College Algebra, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra. If you pass the assessment with 70% or higher, you get credit without taking the course.

For Higher Level Math, see if your Tech Math II counts, and if it doesn't maybe ALEKS PreCalc might count.

For Principles of Statistics, probably any of the ALEKS Statistics courses, but I'm not sure.

For Intro Sociology, there is a CLEP or Study.com. There are other options too.

For Computer Concepts, there is a Saylor exam which is only $25 that is easy.

For Gen Ed Electives, I think a bunch of your credits at the bottom would count.

For American Government, there is a CLEP but it's supposed to be hard. Better to take the course at Straighterline.

For your other Physical/Natural credit, Straighterline and Study.com both have easy courses. Environmental Science, Nutrition, etc.

Also, I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. Verify Smile

I see a problem with your Understanding the Physical & Natural World (8 units). The degree requires that you have either Chemistry I & II with lab or Physics I & II with lab, not an option to take Chem I and Physics I. All off my credits actually transferred into this Degree, however my existing science credits were in Biology - I'm opting for a different path in the end, but credit wise my already earned fit almost perfect into this degree. Since you need both the level I and II, Chemistry is an option through Clovis Community College, offered online for a bargain price. The labs were very affordable for Biology, being material lists you could easily buy local anywhere. New Mexico Junior College may be an option as well. I'm not sure if they offer the needed Physics route. New Mexico schools are tough to beat for cost per credit for such courses, no matter where you live.

Aleks can take care of all your math options - College Algebra, Statistics and the "higher math" is either College Algebra with Trigonometry OR PreCalculus count, both transfer in as the same thing (aka one level above College Algebra 3 credit course)

These courses you show in the "Other credits taken but didn’t seem to count toward anything" look like they would apply, and some UL as well. I would be well worth the $75 application to TESU to have them officially evaluated into that degree.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Ideas Wrote:For English Comp I and II, you can take the CLEP.

For Oral Communications, Straighterline or Study.com are recommended. Some people take the DSST but you have to create and deliver a speech in 20 minutes or something like that, so it can be hard to pass for many people.

For College Algebra, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra. If you pass the assessment with 70% or higher, you get credit without taking the course.

For Higher Level Math, see if your Tech Math II counts, and if it doesn't maybe ALEKS PreCalc might count.

For Principles of Statistics, probably any of the ALEKS Statistics courses, but I'm not sure.

For Intro Sociology, there is a CLEP or Study.com. There are other options too.

For Computer Concepts, there is a Saylor exam which is only $25 that is easy.

thanks so much are there any courses or tests that aren't proctored its just such a dam hassle? lol
netman68 Wrote:thanks so much are there any courses or tests that aren't proctored its just such a dam hassle? lol

Well most of them are proctored online, so you can take them from home, library, etc.

ALEKS is not proctored, but we speculate they will start requiring that in July or later.

There are some others that are not proctored, but mostly for electives, history, or business.

Have you looked into Excelsior for your degree? I think they might be more lenient on some requirements like sciences.

allvia Wrote:I see a problem with your Understanding the Physical & Natural World (8 units). The degree requires that you have either Chemistry I & II with lab or Physics I & II with lab, not an option to take Chem I and Physics I. All off my credits actually transferred into this Degree, however my existing science credits were in Biology - I'm opting for a different path in the end, but credit wise my already earned fit almost perfect into this degree. Since you need both the level I and II, Chemistry is an option through Clovis Community College, offered online for a bargain price. The labs were very affordable for Biology, being material lists you could easily buy local anywhere. New Mexico Junior College may be an option as well. I'm not sure if they offer the needed Physics route. New Mexico schools are tough to beat for cost per credit for such courses, no matter where you live.

Aleks can take care of all your math options - College Algebra, Statistics and the "higher math" is either College Algebra with Trigonometry OR PreCalculus count, both transfer in as the same thing (aka one level above College Algebra 3 credit course)

These courses you show in the "Other credits taken but didn’t seem to count toward anything" look like they would apply, and some UL as well. I would be well worth the $75 application to TESU to have them officially evaluated into that degree.

thanks I have a call with the advisor tomorrow about getting those credits in some place I'm not loving the the chem requirement but it seems i have no choice.
I looked at them first and incredibly they are taking even less of my credits.
Ideas Wrote:For Gen Ed Electives, I think a bunch of your credits at the bottom would count.

For American Government, there is a CLEP but it's supposed to be hard. Better to take the course at Straighterline.

For your other Physical/Natural credit, Straighterline and Study.com both have easy courses. Environmental Science, Nutrition, etc.

Also, I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. Verify Smile

For american gov and soc I dont have to take those classes if there is some very quick test out class i can take instead i would be open for suggestions.
netman68 Wrote:For american gov and soc I dont have to take those classes if there is some very quick test out class i can take instead i would be open for suggestions.

Yes, there is a Saylor Intro to Sociology and Intro to Comparative Politics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,240 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 676 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,214 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,065 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 643 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 862 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,952 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 770 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind