Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of help figuring out the plan for BSAST in Technical Studies. fastest way
Probably the cheapest way to complete chemistry I and II with lab is to take the chemistry CLEP to cover the lecture portions of chemistry I and II, take the chemistry I lab at Straighterline, and take the chemistry II lab at TESU or University of New England. You can also take chemistry I with lab at Straighterline and take chemistry II with lab at NMJC or Clovis if they're offering it.

To complete the requirements with physics courses, you can take the 6-credit, physics Uexcel or physics I and II at Saylor. Saylor will be a lot cheaper. You can take the physics I lab at Straighterline and take the physics II lab at TESU.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'm a little confused about your spreadsheet (it's actually mine).

Is this what TESU gave you for the degree? I just want to make sure that these course equivalencies are what TESU said they were, not what Devry said they were.

If you have not gotten an official eval, you need to make sure you have that, and that these courses are fitting in here like you think they are.

Here is my latest BSBA spreadsheet, it won't help with the lower section, but it will help with the Gen Ed upper portion to figure out what you need to take.

If you sign up for Study.com and take 2 courses there (Project Management would be perfect, then anything else you need), TESU will give you affiliate pricing, and you then will get a waiver of the cornerstone course (a $300 savings) and get a discount on the Residency waiver fee (a $700 discount).

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 34.48 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ideas Wrote:For College Algebra, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra. If you pass the assessment with 70% or higher, you get credit without taking the course.

I'm not sure if this is clear, for College Algebra, you must take College Algebra, not Intermediate Algebra. That counts as a lower-level math that will only come into your degree as a Gen Ed Elective.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ideas Wrote:Yes, there is a Saylor Intro to Sociology and Intro to Comparative Politics.
Saylor's Intro to Soc is only one credit. Sad
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
netman68 Wrote:I looked at them first and incredibly they are taking even less of my credits.

Even if they take less credits, it seems like they might be quicker and easier for you to complete, if they have less specific requirements. Especially if you don't have to take Physics II or Chem II and the labs. Excelsior has more than one tech degree.

dfrecore Wrote:I'm a little confused about your spreadsheet (it's actually mine).

Is this what TESU gave you for the degree? I just want to make sure that these course equivalencies are what TESU said they were, not what Devry said they were.

If you have not gotten an official eval, you need to make sure you have that, and that these courses are fitting in here like you think they are.

Here is my latest BSBA spreadsheet, it won't help with the lower section, but it will help with the Gen Ed upper portion to figure out what you need to take.

If you sign up for Study.com and take 2 courses there (Project Management would be perfect, then anything else you need), TESU will give you affiliate pricing, and you then will get a waiver of the cornerstone course (a $300 savings) and get a discount on the Residency waiver fee (a $700 discount).

LOL yes it is yours I just filled in my parts. yes this is what tseu gave me for the official eval (of course I put it in spread sheet form) but theses are the courses Tseu gave me as transferred from devry not what devry said they were. thanks for the wavier discount that's awesome. I spoke to my adviser she said this is the best fit for me to use most of my credits. the other thing she said is if i can get course descriptions from devry they may be able to move them around but i doubt it since excelsior couldn't get them nor could I since they are from the late 80's.
now I just need to get moving and take all the courses/tests I can as fast as I can I would like to finish by end of summer. so any helpful hints would be great. thanks.
I was thinking about it. but they had told me my best route was a liberal arts degree.
netman68 Wrote:LOL yes it is yours I just filled in my parts. yes this is what tseu gave me for the official eval (of course I put it in spread sheet form) but theses are the courses Tseu gave me as transferred from devry not what devry said they were. thanks for the wavier discount that's awesome. I spoke to my adviser she said this is the best fit for me to use most of my credits. the other thing she said is if i can get course descriptions from devry they may be able to move them around but i doubt it since excelsior couldn't get them nor could I since they are from the late 80's.
now I just need to get moving and take all the courses/tests I can as fast as I can I would like to finish by end of summer. so any helpful hints would be great. thanks.

I was able to get syllabuses (syllabi?) from my old school from 1988. The schools keep them, so if you contact Devry yourself, you may be able to get them. Contact the department directly (like I contacted the history department).
I had to get a course description from 1987 from my community college. Rather than ask for the specific description, I logged into the school website and found where they had archived scans of the old catalogs. I found it in there.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:I had to get a course description from 1987 from my community college. Rather than ask for the specific description, I logged into the school website and found where they had archived scans of the old catalogs. I found it in there.

That might work as well. Unfortunately, my course description did not have all of the appropriate info, so I needed the actual syllabus (the course description didn't say that the course included info on the Constitution, and I wanted credit for US Government). They initially denied my claim when I asked with the catalog course description, but once I sent in the syllabus with the appeal, it worked!

I also included info from the catalog that said that each course counted at the CSU/UC system for US History, and that together (African American History 1A & 1B) they counted for US Government as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 312 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,023 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 617 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 831 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,815 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 758 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind