Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Purdue University
(11-02-2022, 09:36 AM)novadar Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote: You could get that PUG degree likely within 1 year and that master's combined probably faster than doing a Purdue University degree by itself.

This is a really astute observation.  Keeping one's eyes on the long-term goal.

I would also advise bringing along some work experience. I would suggest this plan might not be the best plan if you're two years or less out of high school. Depending on what field you're working in/what jobs you're trying to get, having a masters with little to no professional work experience could potentially make you overcredentialed, yet under-experienced for many entry-level positions.

Now that is just one person's opinion. I am generalizing very broadly here. One size does not fit all/your mileage may vary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • novadar
(11-01-2022, 07:03 AM)Londinium7 Wrote: Was wondering if there is any advantage with Purdue U and what is difference with Global version.
I read Purdue U also allows transfer of many credits (with 32 to be taken with the Purdue itself). There are different degree programs that I do not see offered by other colleges. Has anyone here attended it?

Just to note, Purdue Global is on the Quarter Hour system.  Make sure you compare Apples to Apples.

https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/policy-...n/calendar
I'm now completely lost as to whether we're talking about Purdue University (OP mentioned engineering and in-state tuition) or Purdue Global (including mentions of quarter-credit).

Just to be clear, if we're discussing Purdue University, that is a semester-based system, and you pay about $5000/semester for in-state tuition; it doesn't look like they accept ACE credit, but they are pretty generous with CLEP & DSST.

Purdue Global takes ACE and gives tons of credit for IT exams; they are quarter-based, meaning you must take 45qcr there, but you can transfer in the remaining 135qcr. They have a competency-based degree program as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • akr680, novadar
(11-02-2022, 05:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm now completely lost as to whether we're talking about Purdue University (OP mentioned engineering and in-state tuition) or Purdue Global (including mentions of quarter-credit).

That makes two of us.  In the original post it is not entirely clear what school is being referred to.

But the main Purdue University (West Lafayette) Campus has this admissions page: 

"You may transfer an unlimited number of college credits to Purdue but must earn at least 32 Purdue credits to earn a degree from the University." ( https://www.admissions.purdue.edu/transf.../index.php ).

After re-reading it the first post, my comment may or may not have been helpful.

I'll show myself to the door.
(11-02-2022, 07:27 PM)novadar Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 05:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm now completely lost as to whether we're talking about Purdue University (OP mentioned engineering and in-state tuition) or Purdue Global (including mentions of quarter-credit).

That makes two of us.  In the original post it is not entirely clear what school is being referred to.

But the main Purdue University (West Lafayette) Campus has this admissions page: 

"You may transfer an unlimited number of college credits to Purdue but must earn at least 32 Purdue credits to earn a degree from the University." ( https://www.admissions.purdue.edu/transf.../index.php ).

After re-reading it the first post, my comment may or may not have been helpful.

I'll show myself to the door.

Purdue U (Not PUG) doesn't accept ACE credits from sources such as Sophia and Study. From your link:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,159 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,441 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 320 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 391 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 235 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,951 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,616 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 739 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 420 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 869 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77