Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info on taking Principles of Statistics- Dantes
Anyone attempt the Principles of Statistics with Dantes? Any pointers on taking the test.
I passed this using the dsst outline, going down the list of things that would be on it, understanding one part before going to the next part. I also used the instacert materials and I must say they were VERY good and accurate. I bought 2 other books on statistics, and didn't really get out of them what I got from the Instacert site. There were still 2-3 things I wasn't really clear about when I took the exam, but I knew the other parts pretty well, and came out with an A. I was shocked, but pleased. I suggest getting a math teacher, or (good friend who understands math concepts well) to go over the parts you don't understand well with you.
Thanks for the information. I have a Statistics book from the College I am attending. I got lucky on EBAY and picked up the whole DVD collection that teaches the course for $10 with the book. So I might take your suggestion and do instant cert and brush up in the book on any weak areas.
I am studying at present using instantcert, Idiot's guide to stats and this website with 26 free half hour videos you can watch online.
http://www.learner.org/resources/series6...80&pid=142
My question is, how well do I need to memorize formulas?
Is a calculater needed?
How indepth do I need to know part 5 of instantcert?
Any encouraging advice would really be helpful. I am pretty good at math (calculus level) and seem to be picking up the info slowly but surely.
Also, I notice that different sources use different equations and letters for formulas.
Just nervous I guess. Help!:eek:
Just in case anyone else reads this thread

I have taken the statistics test and passed with a 54! I did instantcert and had to cram at the last minute. I didn't think I would pass and was pretty down at the end of the test. But I did my best and it was ok. They let you bring in calculator, including one that does some formulas, but it can't be one that you can program. They also give you the charts and scratch paper. The only thing that I would get more information on is the null hypothosis and alternative hypothosis. There was also a lot on probability.

I ended up taking the whole amount of time for the test. To compare, I think I did the principles of supervision test in 20 mins. But I was so happy when I got my score.

Good luck

techgirl

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 774 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 515 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 623 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 1,001 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  RBA Degree Info? learningthehardway 17 2,363 05-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  An Investigation Finds That Millions of Students Are Taking on Dangerous BNPL Debt LevelUP 4 819 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 559 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 627 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,047 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,691 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az