Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information Literacy
Passed excelsior colleges inform. lit. tonight !! What a waste of resources and time. But its over and done with Thank God. Good luck to all taking it. Cindy
sociology 51/50
psychology 61/50
Information literacy 72/100
ehtics D ( will redo)
lifespan developmental psych C

[SIZE="4"]Cindy[/SIZE]
Congratulations!
BSIT- Excelsior 2010, MCSE (2003), CCNP, Project+
Congratulations
I agree. It wasn't hard to pass. It counted as an applied professional credit without a grade, even though i got 94/100 on the final test.

I did learn something about using Styles when giving credit to sources. Not harldy worth the mega bucks paid for this 1 credit course...

~Mike
I was going to take this class, but after speaking with an Excelsior counselor she told me that I could take this course with Central Texas College and they will accept it. It's cheaper and is around 5 days long vs. however long it takes with Excelsior. And of course if you are military, it will be free. Just thought I throw that out there.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Information Literacy is a joke. I studied for a few hours tonight and passed the final with an 86. It's a waste of $250 and costs more than cleps which award 3 credits. I'm just glad it's done. Didn't learn anything useful though.
info lit would be a good course for my 98 year old great grandma. She can remember when cars came out so computers machines are scary and little is know about them to her. Anyone born after 1975 should have a pretty good idea as to how to find stuff using a computers.
waste of 4 hours. BUT it is a good way for excelsior to get some more money out of us, basically you paid 250 to access their website, mainly b/c there was no teacher. that is zero over head and all profit baby.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
This course is the only thing between me and my degree right now. I'm hoping to get it out of the way ASAP.
BS Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Degreeasap Wrote:This course is the only thing between me and my degree right now. I'm hoping to get it out of the way ASAP.

Congratulations, I wish thats the only thing I had left. You should be able to knock it out very very quickly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital Literacy Bibby 4 1,303 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  Which is better: AA or AS for a prospective BS information Systems frank.f.franky 6 1,473 06-02-2018, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decided on masters, Western Governers MS Information Security Assurance ryoder 11 2,051 10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ryoder