Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Information Literacy' Credit-by-exam
The ACE review for IC3 Certification from Certiport, Inc.:

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Se...entID=6954

The IC3 Certification consists of three computerized exams. By completing all three tests ACE recommends:

"1 semester hour in General Education, or Computer Literacy."

The full details are in the ACE review, as well as the website to learn more.

Perhaps this can be another option to fulfill the Information Literacy requirement at Excelsior or Charter Oak.

The total cost for taking all three exams is less than $100.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
I found another substitute for Info Lit. that Excelsior is accepting in its place. Right now, I think you have to be in the military in order to take it. The class is called "Academic Research" and it can be taken through Central Texas College for free. It is a four day course that is given at the education center at Fort Hood. I am scheduled to take it in October. Hope someone else can get use of this.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Old Rusty Pipe Wrote:The ACE review for IC3 Certification from Certiport, Inc.:

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Se...entID=6954

The IC3 Certification consists of three computerized exams. By completing all three tests ACE recommends:

"1 semester hour in General Education, or Computer Literacy."

The full details are in the ACE review, as well as the website to learn more.

Perhaps this can be another option to fulfill the Information Literacy requirement at Excelsior or Charter Oak.

The total cost for taking all three exams is less than $100.

I don't think the IC3 Certification will be sufficient to fulfill the Information Literacy Requirement at Excelsior. The Information Literacy Requirement FAQ on Excelsior's site is pretty specific. Any course/exam taken to fulfill the requirement must cover all areas of their course, and their course covers materials not included in the IC3 Certification.

Besides the course clep101 mentioned, here are a couple of courses that should meet the requirement:
[URL="http://www.is.lsu.edu/coursefactsheet.asp?nid=301&Rubric=LIS&CourseNr=1001&Version=R"]
LSU Independent Study (on hold)[/URL]
Penn Foster College (ACE Approved)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,464 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU Information Literacy mysonx3 2 2,226 09-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Merlin
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,073 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,946 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,670 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,006 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,104 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,597 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138