Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial Questions About BA History (T
If you take a class/TECEP, then you will have an official transcript. However, I'm not sure if your official transcript will show your transferred courses (e.g. CLEP, Study.com, etc.) until you graduate. Perhaps someone else knows the answer to that.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(08-20-2019, 04:24 PM)natshar Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 04:07 PM)historicalarsonist Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 02:28 PM)natshar Wrote: I am not sure what you are asking.

If you want to get the fastest possible associates here's what I would do.

-If you are enrolled in a TESU course that begins in September, October or November you would be eligible for March Graduation. This is earliest you could graduate because it is too late for December graduation.
-Apply to TESU as soon as possible
-Do all the easy free and cheap credits you can before and during the time you are taking sos-110.
-You would need to make sure all your courses besides SOS-110 are submitted to TESU by January 1st.
-Apply for graduation and graduate with an associates in math (or computer science or both) in March 2020.

You would then have until around March 2021 to earn your bachelors or else you will have to pay the wavier again or take 16 credits at TESU.

I guess what I'm asking is: what does the terminology 'official transcript' mean? Is an official transcript only something you can get when graduating? Or can you receive an 'official transcript' saying you have X number of credits despite never taking a class at that school.

You would for sure need to take a course at TESU to be considered enrolled. So you wouldn't be able to even have an official transcript unless you take a course or TECEP.

If you want to go this route, the cheapest and quickest you could just take a TECEP and then pay the $15 for a transcript fee to send the transcript to your employer. And for course you'd have to pay the application fee. But at that rate, if you already have 60 credits and you have to take SOS-110 anyways why not just get the associates degree or at least try to.

Great, so it seems like that may be a possibility. As for your final point - the reason it would be beneficial for me is that I want to maximize cost efficiency by waiting to take SOS-110 as a part of a 16-credit courseload when I'm ready to get the BA. That way I can avoid paying the residency waiver fee. If I take SOS-110 in the middle, after earning 57 credits, just to get the ASNSM, I would need to drop that additional $2800 for the fee, in addition to paying for two more classes when I'm ready to finish the BA (Capstone and Historical Methods).

So best-case scenario: I can earn 60 credits, provide an official transcript showing this to fulfill the requirement at work while spending less than $200 out of pocket (application fee + TECEP), and continue on my merry way towards the BA with the plan of taking 16 credits in the term.

(08-20-2019, 06:50 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: If you take a class/TECEP, then you will have an official transcript. However, I'm not sure if your official transcript will show your transferred courses (e.g. CLEP, Study.com, etc.) until you graduate. Perhaps someone else knows the answer to that.

Yes, this part is actually huge. If getting admitted and taking a TECEP is enough to provide me with an official transcript containing all of my transfer credits, it would mean I could resolve this situation very easily - I would do just that, and then continue on the path to be awarded both degrees at once. I suppose I may need to contact TESU directly about this, as I'm not sure if many people have been in this situation.
I received an email from TESU today, and the short answer is yes, you can receive an official transcript with the transfer credits on it without receiving a degree. You can either take a course through them after you transfer your credits, or you can submit for a Non-Degree Service Application where they will evaluate the credits and provide you with an official transcript, despite your having no intention to take courses from TESU. I intend to just take a TECEP in order to receive the official transcript since I intend to graduate from there anyways. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 963 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,783 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 744 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,549 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  few questions about TESU sekiflying 3 415 08-20-2023, 11:13 AM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 415 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,575 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 756 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore