Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inkleind's TESU BSBA GM Plan & Updates
I'm at 60 credits!! Woot Woot!
Halfway there! 

Going to try to get the Pierpont AAS, just emailed them asking about a waiver for the bm credits.
Halfway there! 
I'm going to dive in pretty hardcore this month. Can I get some feedback on my best options to finish the UL classes? I want to knock those out first since everything seems to be in flux around it. 

After those then I'll burn through a bunch of SL as quick as I can! I want to be done by the fall, I feel like that is totally doable.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Inkleind TESU 2017 BSBAGM.xlsx (Size: 54.45 KB / Downloads: 12)
Were you able to get the Pierpont AAS waiver? It was my understanding that they don't give waivers for the B&M credits.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Your understanding is correct! I tried and had a nice conversation with them but they do not give waivers for the B&M credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • quigongene
So a few days after this last post, on 4-18-19, I was in a motorcycle wreck that took me out pretty hard. Concussion, brain injury, ankle reconstruction, job loss. 

Now, a few months later, I am mostly healed up and instead of job hunting I'm going to dive in and finish this thing this fall. 
Currently working on Principles of Marketing at modernstates.

I could really use help finishing this plan and identifying which courses make the most sense to take where for speed/cost. 

Does anyone have some time to help me out?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Inkleind TESU 2017 BSBAGM.xlsx (Size: 54.52 KB / Downloads: 8)
Basically, I just looked at the file... and previous thread, you should go for the Study.com for AOS and StraighterLine or CLEP/MS for the rest.  If you need an example of the remaining courses you need, you can review my spreadsheets in my signature (post #28/31).  Hmm, I would recommend you to review this thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...tty-please
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • inkleind
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.  I'd recommend SL's Managerial Accounting for the UL Accounting which as you state comes into TESU as UL Cost Accounting (I took it 'by accident' thinking it would come through as managerial; I was able to use it as UL AOS so it was a fortunate accident - and it's an open book final as a bonus); that would round out your three areas required (you already have the Marketing and Management) then do the the rest of the AOS with Management courses (there are far more UL options for that area; especially through Study.com - I'd recommend Study.com's Project Management for one of UL credit courses simply because the knowledge is so practical). 

I would recommend SL for as many of those Gen Eds (ie: Western Civilization I ) they have quite a few open book options (https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...ng-details). I'd strongly avoid SL for the micro/macro and recommend Study.com for both. Other than the SL Managerial Account (UL AOS Cost Accounting at TESU), and SL's open book Gen Eds options, I'd recommend Study.com for the rest of the Business Core and AOS.

Did the Technical Communications cover your Oral Communication requirement? If not Study.com has a course that is extremely quick and easy that will cover it (no speech required); I believe it is the 'Presentation Skills in the Workplace' (someone else here can confirm) - actually, it should also work as a Gen Ed is you're TECEP did cover the oral communication requirement.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

It did over the oral communication requirement, which is cool.

Thanks for the recommendations, diving in to all of it now.
  • allvia
JUST PASSED 100 CREDITS! 102 to be exact. I'm so, so grateful for Study.com and Sophia and ModernStates. Those three have been so huge in keeping my costs down.
I could have gotten here faster but certainly not cheaper.

Next steps are to send in my ACE transcript to TESU with the Sophia courses, hope they fill in all the blanks I assumed they would, and then finish my last 7 courses. (Or 6 + 1?)

Here's the current spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I registered for the May TECEP for Public Relations Thought & Practice so that's the next one to finish.
  • rachel83az
Congrats! 100 credits is a good amount!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 653 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 348 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 198 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 217 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 377 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite