Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert - American Government
Hello, 

I signed up for the American Government InstantCert. Has anyone signed up for this and passed the test? Unless I am missing something, the course only includes 300-400 flashcards, and no other resources. This seems pretty light, and I'm guessing the exam will include more material. I decided to go over to the Modern States course and check out the practice tests there, and so far, the questions seem vastly different than what I see on InstantCert. 

I'm feeling like InstantCert may be a waste of money, but I'm hoping someone can tell me otherwise, since it seems to be highly recommended here.
(10-20-2021, 04:19 PM)JScottTuck Wrote: Hello, 

I signed up for the American Government InstantCert. Has anyone signed up for this and passed the test? Unless I am missing something, the course only includes 300-400 flashcards, and no other resources. This seems pretty light, and I'm guessing the exam will include more material. I decided to go over to the Modern States course and check out the practice tests there, and so far, the questions seem vastly different than what I see on InstantCert. 

I'm feeling like InstantCert may be a waste of money, but I'm hoping someone can tell me otherwise, since it seems to be highly recommended here.
I'm actually studying for the American Government CLEP right now, only using only Modern States (free CLEP voucher) and Instantcert as my study resource.  I just took US History 1 this past Sunday 11/7/2021. using Modern States and Instantcert solely.  I scored a 60 with plenty of time left before this test officially ended.  You'll be fine with just these two resources and pass your exam.  Keep in mind, you only need a 50 on most CLEP exams to receive college credit.  Good luck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joev6872's post:
  • Pikachu
I didnt' take the test but I did enjoy the content.
The military pass rate for American Government CLEP is only 25% so you will fail if you don't study properly.

I used Modern States, InstanCert, Quizlet, and Peterson's AP U.S. Government and Politics.

AP and CLEP are similar, I didn't think it mattered the difference.  The Peterson included around an 80-page study guide and 3 practice tests.  Once you can score 70% on the practice test, you can pass the CLEP easily.

I got 68 on the exam.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-16-2021, 12:01 PM)LevelUP Wrote: The military pass rate for American Government CLEP is only 25% so you will fail if you don't study properly.

I used Modern States, InstanCert, Quizlet, and Peterson's AP U.S. Government and Politics.

AP and CLEP are similar, I didn't think it mattered the difference.  The Peterson included around an 80-page study guide and 3 practice tests.  Once you can score 70% on the practice test, you can pass the CLEP easily.

I got 68 on the exam.

If you're going to UMPI, the American Gov't course POS 101 can be taken in one day or a few hours. You can answer a few questions to test your knowledge and skip over much of the course. The final is a 1500 word essay on your political views on any two topics. I really enjoyed the course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 144 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 268 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,602 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,699 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,013 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,780 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  InstantCert Courses Expired? ss20ts 19 3,187 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Other options for Instantcert Spanish? IceSparkle 16 3,209 07-19-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SevenSister
  How do you get your badge for an InstantCert course? a4tunatemom 5 3,191 04-23-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  how instantcredit instantcert grading works Blckbuster 4 1,776 04-21-2022, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sgloer