Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert Credit Courses on Mobile
I totally forgot InstantCert had Spanish I as one of its credit courses. I'm really interested in taking it, but I was wondering how well InstantCert performed on mobile devices. Is it usable? Obviously for the proctored sections I would need a PC, but I do most of my studying/practice at home on my phone, due to lack of internet access. I can arrange blocks of time to take proctored exams after work, I just don't want to have to spend hours after work away from my family slogging through the non-proctored portions of the course.

What do y'all think?
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(06-04-2020, 07:01 PM)Tedium Wrote: I totally forgot InstantCert had Spanish I as one of its credit courses. I'm really interested in taking it, but I was wondering how well InstantCert performed on mobile devices. Is it usable? Obviously for the proctored sections I would need a PC, but I do most of my studying/practice at home on my phone, due to lack of internet access. I can arrange blocks of time to take proctored exams after work, I just don't want to have to spend hours after work away from my family slogging through the non-proctored portions of the course.

What do y'all think?

I was hoping someone who had gone through one of our ICC courses would respond to you, but maybe the subject line was not clear enough -- just tweaked it.

Everything I have heard from students who have gone through our ICC courses is that they work great on a smart phone. We designed them from the beginning to use responsive design that works great on any screen size.

Also, if you're interested in Spanish, you may not have noticed that we just finally added a really comprehensive set of materials to help you prep for the Spanish CLEP exam (worth 6-9 credits), so that might be something to consider.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes sgloer's post:
  • Tedium
Hey, thanks for the response. I appreciate you tweaking my title. I seem to remember the last time I subscribed the study portion of InstantCert worked okay on my iPhone, but It was a while back and I didn’t know how different the course was from the flash cards.

About the CLEP, I was hoping to apply to UMPI for their competency program after I’m done with my free Purdue Global course. They only require 3 hours of a foreign language, so assuming they accept it, InstantCert Spanish 1 should be all I need. I’m hopeful because the wording on their ACE acceptance sounds pretty liberal. The way they make it sound, if it’s ACE then they’ll accept it. They just limit how much.

I’ll subscribe now and start knocking it out.

While I have you, though. Thank you very much for the InstantCert product, forums, and community. It has been very beneficial to me over the years and I know it’s helped so many others, as well. Without this place I would not have been able to accomplish what I have and what I plan to. My journey will hopefully be an inspiration to my son and my fiancé, and I owe so much of it to this place. Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tedium's post:
  • cwendy111, TwinMom
(06-06-2020, 10:31 AM)Tedium Wrote: Hey, thanks for the response. I appreciate you tweaking my title. I seem to remember the last time I subscribed the study portion of InstantCert worked okay on my iPhone, but It was a while back and I didn’t know how different the course was from the flash cards.

About the CLEP, I was hoping to apply to UMPI for their competency program after I’m done with my free Purdue Global course. They only require 3 hours of a foreign language, so assuming they accept it, InstantCert Spanish 1 should be all I need. I’m hopeful because the wording on their ACE acceptance sounds pretty liberal. The way they make it sound, if it’s ACE then they’ll accept it. They just limit how much.

I’ll subscribe now and start knocking it out.

While I have you, though. Thank you very much for the InstantCert product, forums, and community. It has been very beneficial to me over the years and I know it’s helped so many others, as well. Without this place I would not have been able to accomplish what I have and what I plan to. My journey will hopefully be an inspiration to my son and my fiancé, and I owe so much of it to this place. Thank you so much.

It's easier for me to type in Spanish on my phone than on my computer, so I'm having a reverse problem. I'm at a unit exam in Spanish and I'm putting it off because I don't want to fight with correct accent marks for any typing parts. 

I can type in Hebrew on my computer, easier than getting accents with the Latin alphabet. 

Otherwise, I would print each lesson's vocabulary list from my computer, write any grammar points on the same page, then do the exercises on my phone. 

PDF with flashcards for vocabulary words would really help. I took Spanish I before, I'm just using the ICC course to remember the differences between Spanish and French. 

I may not bother with the final proctored exam, since the credit would overlap.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
(06-06-2020, 10:31 AM)Tedium Wrote: While I have you, though. Thank you very much for the InstantCert product, forums, and community. It has been very beneficial to me over the years and I know it’s helped so many others, as well. Without this place I would not have been able to accomplish what I have and what I plan to. My journey will hopefully be an inspiration to my son and my fiancé, and I owe so much of it to this place. Thank you so much.

Thanks for your kind words, and I look forward to seeing how things go with UMPI!
--
Steve
  • Tedium
(06-06-2020, 04:22 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: It's easier for me to type in Spanish on my phone than on my computer, so I'm having a reverse problem. I'm at a unit exam in Spanish and I'm putting it off because I don't want to fight with correct accent marks for any typing parts. 

I can type in Hebrew on my computer, easier than getting accents with the Latin alphabet. 

Otherwise, I would print each lesson's vocabulary list from my computer, write any grammar points on the same page, then do the exercises on my phone. 

PDF with flashcards for vocabulary words would really help. I took Spanish I before, I'm just using the ICC course to remember the differences between Spanish and French. 

I may not bother with the final proctored exam, since the credit would overlap.

Are you aware that on your computer, you can hold down a key while doing our grammar exercises for Spanish I and it will add an accent for you? For example, you hold down the letter 'e' and it will type an 'é'. Now that I think about it, we probably need to put that detail somewhere.

As for a PDF with flashcards, feel free to include some details on what you have in mind and any other ideas for tools that you think would be helpful for learning Spanish and we may be able to make it happen...
--
Steve
  • Tedium
(06-06-2020, 04:22 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: It's easier for me to type in Spanish on my phone than on my computer, so I'm having a reverse problem. I'm at a unit exam in Spanish and I'm putting it off because I don't want to fight with correct accent marks for any typing parts. 

Assuming that you're in the US, set your keyboard to US International. It takes a bit of getting used to, but typing è is as easy as typing ` followed by e and á is ' followed by a. Makes it super easy to type accents in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help...-windows#5
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Tedium
(06-06-2020, 05:14 PM)sgloer Wrote: Are you aware that on your computer, you can hold down a key while doing our grammar exercises for Spanish I and it will add an accent for you? For example, you hold down the letter 'e' and it will type an 'é'. Now that I think about it, we probably need to put that detail somewhere.
….

Great to know!  
I am wondering whether the same is true on exams, or if, with their proctoring software platforms, exams might require a different accent-typing method?

… Oh. I might should have switched this to the "Spanish I" thread instead.  Would you relocate it if need be?

Thanks!
(08-01-2020, 12:14 PM)Abbrooks Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 05:14 PM)sgloer Wrote: Are you aware that on your computer, you can hold down a key while doing our grammar exercises for Spanish I and it will add an accent for you? For example, you hold down the letter 'e' and it will type an 'é'. Now that I think about it, we probably need to put that detail somewhere.
….

Great to know!  
I am wondering whether the same is true on exams, or if, with their proctoring software platforms, exams might require a different accent-typing method?

… Oh. I might should have switched this to the "Spanish I" thread instead.  Would you relocate it if need be?

Thanks!

The exams are all multiple-choice, so no accent typing will be needed. Smile
--
Steve
(08-03-2020, 10:34 AM)sgloer Wrote: The exams are all multiple-choice, so no accent typing will be needed. Smile

Perfect! Thanks! I should have reviewed the syllabus before asking! Sorry!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 146 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 269 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,647 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Cheap Education Courses sanantone 5 1,389 01-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,701 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,014 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does WGU accept InstantCREDIT courses mike_1 7 1,946 08-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,780 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  InstantCert Courses Expired? ss20ts 19 3,187 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Other options for Instantcert Spanish? IceSparkle 16 3,209 07-19-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SevenSister