Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Exam Retake Policy Change
I'm not sure if this is new, but:

Saylor Direct Credit final exams can be taken three times total within the current credit recommendation window. When the credit recommendation for a course renews, three more attempts will be available. Typically, a course is recommendation for three years at a time.

For example, if a course is recommended for credit from June 2019 through May 2022, you have up to three attempts on the credit exam during that time.

(Note: our previous policy was to allow for additional attempts 30 days after the initial three attempts. Attempts prior to November 1, 2019 will count against the three-attempt-total limit.)

https://www.saylor.org/credit/  (How many times can I take the exam?) - dropdown

That makes me nervous because I don't think they've updated this policy on the other exam pages and it's the first I've seen of this.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(11-09-2019, 06:54 AM)udi Wrote: I'm not sure if this is new, but:

Saylor Direct Credit final exams can be taken three times total within the current credit recommendation window. When the credit recommendation for a course renews, three more attempts will be available. Typically, a course is recommendation for three years at a time.

For example, if a course is recommended for credit from June 2019 through May 2022, you have up to three attempts on the credit exam during that time.

(Note: our previous policy was to allow for additional attempts 30 days after the initial three attempts. Attempts prior to November 1, 2019 will count against the three-attempt-total limit.)

https://www.saylor.org/credit/  (How many times can I take the exam?) - dropdown

That makes me nervous because I don't think they've updated this policy on the other exam pages and it's the first I've seen of this.

Same thing for the rest of them. 3 attempts to pass the exam is the limit. It's quite generous. If you pass on the 3rd try, it's still only $75 spent.  Big Grin
In Progress - UMPI // BABA - Conc. Management
2013 - Yale University // Dropped Out... Confused
2011 - Deep Springs College // AA Philosophy
PLA's // Saylor Academy: Intro to Business, Financial Accounting, Management Information Systems, Calculus, Intro to Western Political Thought.

Intro Post (closed for telling the truth about WGU)

(11-09-2019, 10:18 AM)ivythrowaway Wrote:

Same thing for the rest of them. 3 attempts to pass the exam is the limit. It's quite generous. If you pass on the 3rd try, it's still only $75 spent.  Big Grin

They are still (for now) allowing the local proctor option (librarian) which is $0.
(11-09-2019, 10:22 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

They are still (for now) allowing the local proctor option (librarian) which is $0.

That's awesome. Does anyone here actually take advantage of that though? I would if I wasn't an expatriate living outside the US. $25 per proctor session is still a small price for convenience. Going the library proctor route I think it's reasonable to take as much as one could. There's no downside, except time. I find with Saylor though, if you ace the quiz's, understand everything in their study guide (not provided in all courses), and/or ace the non-proctored exam, you'll have a very good chance of acing the proctored version.
In Progress - UMPI // BABA - Conc. Management
2013 - Yale University // Dropped Out... Confused
2011 - Deep Springs College // AA Philosophy
PLA's // Saylor Academy: Intro to Business, Financial Accounting, Management Information Systems, Calculus, Intro to Western Political Thought.

Intro Post (closed for telling the truth about WGU)

(11-10-2019, 09:57 AM)ivythrowaway Wrote:

That's awesome. Does anyone here actually take advantage of that though? I would if I wasn't an expatriate living outside the US. $25 per proctor session is still a small price for convenience. Going the library proctor route I think it's reasonable to take as much as one could. There's no downside, except time. I find with Saylor though, if you ace the quiz's, understand everything in their study guide (not provided in all courses), and/or ace the non-proctored exam, you'll have a very good chance of acing the proctored version.

There are a handful of homeschooling parents in my Homeschooling for College Credit group that have racked up a lot of free credit that way (using a local proctor).
(11-10-2019, 10:50 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 09:57 AM)ivythrowaway Wrote:

There are a handful of homeschooling parents in my Homeschooling for College Credit group that have racked up a lot of free credit that way (using a local proctor).

My town library charges 50$

How much does this service cost?

The fee is $50 per exam, or per session of short exams not to exceed three hours, payable by cash or check (made out to City of Torrance). This fee covers photocopying, however, any returned mail, FedEx, or UPS charges must be covered by the student or the school in addition to the $50 fee.
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,517 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 529 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 767 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,260 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 839 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,148 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 699 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle