Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert InstantCREDIT Spanish I Course Review
¡Gracias! I'm slowly learning bits of Spanish here and there from my girlfriend so in a few months I'll take this course to expand on that and validate what I've already learned.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-25-2020, 02:01 AM)MNomadic Wrote: ¡Gracias! I'm slowly learning bits of Spanish here and there from my girlfriend so in a few months I'll take this course to expand on that and validate what I've already learned.

If you are at all serious about actually learning Spanish (rather than just passing the test), there are a few apps that I'd recommend to supplement your learning:
  • Duolingo - Everyone knows about this one. It's free. However, I find it better for supplementing things I've already learned rather than trying to learn new things. It's better than nothing. But it's honestly not that great either.
  • Busuu - This is an extremely popular app among polyglots. The lessons are extremely well-structured and explain a lot of grammar concepts in an easy-to-understand way. The free option is enough for casual learners but you can also get full lifetime access for $150 at Stacksocial, 2 years for $89; or it's something like $12/mo, $99/year in-app. The paid option unlocks interactivity with other students who can assist you with your grammar/pronunciation in some activities.
  • Forge Languages - Free (for now) and very similar to Busuu in progression. Unlike with Busuu, there is no contact with other learners at all. No option to pay for this. 
  • Drops - A vocabulary-learning flashcard-like software. The free option lets you do a 5 (or is it 15?) minute lesson every 10 hours. Once upon a time, I paid for full lifetime access for $100. I'm not sure if that's still an option but I know that there are monthly options. Paying lets you choose how long each session is and unlocks the ability to do a session whenever you want.
  • LingoDeer - This is like Duolingo only better. It's difficult to explain how/why but (in short) the progression is better, the lessons make more sense, and they bit better at explaining grammar points. Only the first few lessons are free (to see if you like the program) then lifetime is $99 or you can pay monthly.
  • LingoDeer Plus - A completely separate app from LingoDeer. This one focuses on grammar and vocabulary drills. Some of the "games" are really challenging for your brain! Again,  the free version only grants you access to try the first level of each game to see if you like it. Full lifetime is $50 or $60 (I forget which) or you can again pay monthly. Paying for LingoDeer does not grant you access to Plus or vice versa. 
  • ModernStates - I always forget that ModernStates has Spanish/French/German language classes. These seem to be very well-thought-out courses. I can't get the app to work like it's supposed to but the website works well. 

Español es muy difícil pero no es impossible.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Muldoon, Pikachu
(08-25-2020, 05:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 02:01 AM)MNomadic Wrote: ¡Gracias! I'm slowly learning bits of Spanish here and there from my girlfriend so in a few months I'll take this course to expand on that and validate what I've already learned.

If you are at all serious about actually learning Spanish (rather than just passing the test), there are a few apps that I'd recommend to supplement your learning:
  • Duolingo - Everyone knows about this one. It's free. However, I find it better for supplementing things I've already learned rather than trying to learn new things. It's better than nothing. But it's honestly not that great either.
  • Busuu - This is an extremely popular app among polyglots. The lessons are extremely well-structured and explain a lot of grammar concepts in an easy-to-understand way. The free option is enough for casual learners but you can also get full lifetime access for $150 at Stacksocial, 2 years for $89; or it's something like $12/mo, $99/year in-app. The paid option unlocks interactivity with other students who can assist you with your grammar/pronunciation in some activities.
  • Forge Languages - Free (for now) and very similar to Busuu in progression. Unlike with Busuu, there is no contact with other learners at all. No option to pay for this. 
  • Drops - A vocabulary-learning flashcard-like software. The free option lets you do a 5 (or is it 15?) minute lesson every 10 hours. Once upon a time, I paid for full lifetime access for $100. I'm not sure if that's still an option but I know that there are monthly options. Paying lets you choose how long each session is and unlocks the ability to do a session whenever you want.
  • LingoDeer - This is like Duolingo only better. It's difficult to explain how/why but (in short) the progression is better, the lessons make more sense, and they bit better at explaining grammar points. Only the first few lessons are free (to see if you like the program) then lifetime is $99 or you can pay monthly.
  • LingoDeer Plus - A completely separate app from LingoDeer. This one focuses on grammar and vocabulary drills. Some of the "games" are really challenging for your brain! Again,  the free version only grants you access to try the first level of each game to see if you like it. Full lifetime is $50 or $60 (I forget which) or you can again pay monthly. Paying for LingoDeer does not grant you access to Plus or vice versa. 
  • ModernStates - I always forget that ModernStates has Spanish/French/German language classes. These seem to be very well-thought-out courses. I can't get the app to work like it's supposed to but the website works well. 

Thanks, yes I'm serious about it but over the long term, since my college and career goals take precedence. I knew about Duolingo and drops but not others. Thanks for sharing!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • rachel83az
I'm working on multiple languages while also studying. Not really recommended!
I wish there were more language courses for credit and at a more affordable price. I was going to take them as CLEP, had tickets ready when all test centers closed. I know four languages except Spanish, but I can easily pass a Spanish written test too. Was going to take language proficiency test when my major was international studies.
(08-25-2020, 10:44 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I wish there were more language courses for credit and at a more affordable price. I was going to take them as CLEP, had tickets ready when all test centers closed. I know four languages except Spanish, but I can easily pass a Spanish written test too. Was going to take language proficiency test when my major was international studies.

What about the ACTFL? It's not as cheap as free but they're not too expensive either:
https://www.languagetesting.com/language-selection
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-24-2020, 08:30 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 01:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is there an oral assignment or test in this class?

Hey ss20ts!

There are no oral assignments or tests for this course. Check out the details and the syllabus:

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_courses/Spanish-I

OldManOfTheSea

Thank you! I plan on starting this class in the next week or so....once i finish Eng Comp II at Sophia. I hope to transfer this to UMPI. No oral exam is right up my alley! Thanks again!
That is the one I was going to take but changed major, so don't need it any longer.
(08-25-2020, 10:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:44 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I wish there were more language courses for credit and at a more affordable price. I was going to take them as CLEP, had tickets ready when all test centers closed. I know four languages except Spanish, but I can easily pass a Spanish written test too. Was going to take language proficiency test when my major was international studies.

What about the ACTFL? It's not as cheap as free but they're not too expensive either:
https://www.languagetesting.com/language-selection

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-25-2020, 05:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing these! I would like to learn how to speak Spanish someday, I don't need it for college credit now but I was considering taking it at one of the cheaper alternative credit providers anyway just in case it's useful down the line.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
I want to review a chapter exam to see what I missed. I can not open the exam. Does Instantcert not let a person go over there mistakes so they can study them for the final?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 267 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  POS-2820 Comparative Politics TECEP Review GameSlinger 5 584 11-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Kones
  BUS-3110 Business in Society TECEP Review GameSlinger 0 270 10-13-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,456 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,697 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,013 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does WGU accept InstantCREDIT courses mike_1 7 1,945 08-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,779 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie