Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Ethics course extended!
From Temarsha in the Off Topic section:

I was just informed that the free Institutes credit for Ethics 312 was extended until March 31, 2019. They are reviewing for a further extension as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Murdockb
Can you tell me where exactly these are located? I went to https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...fessionals and there appears to be 2 courses or materials you order? What exactly is the process. Forgive me if its posted somewhere else here.
Go to the institutes and choose “study material” at top of page. Last choice in drop down is ethics course. When the new page opens “order now” second choice.
(02-11-2019, 06:18 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: Can you tell me where exactly these are located? I went to https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...fessionals and there appears to be 2 courses or materials you order? What exactly is the process. Forgive me if its posted somewhere else here.
From the Wiki (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit )
The American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (commonly referred to as "The Institutes") offer a free ethics course that is ACE recommended for 2 credits.
  • 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (2 credits) - an upper level ethics/philosophy course that meet's TESU's General Education "ethics" requirement (you might have to ask for an exception to be made for the last credit, but typically this is automatically granted. The 3rd credit is to be made up as a general ed elective).
To signup, use the following link: http://www.theinstitutes.org/comet/learning_modules/cpcu_ethics.htm
Select the FREE option. You should not do the $5 option. The paid option is for "Continuing Education credit," which is different than college credit. The free version is ACE approved for college credit.
i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.
so I'm clear u go to the links, sign up for the free ethics option... what about materials for the class? is there a test??? i can't figure it out but need the credits
(02-12-2019, 12:59 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.
so I'm clear u go to the links, sign up for the free ethics option... what about materials for the class? is there a test??? i can't figure it out but need the credits

It is meant for insurance agents but also works for TESU as business ethics credits.

Yes, you sign up for the site and then register for the class using those links. As for how it works, it is an online training course, so the website provides all the study materials and tests you on your mastery of the material at the end. It is pretty straightforward though so most folks can get through it quickly... a day or two at most; many have finished it in less than a day.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-12-2019, 12:59 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.

To add to Merlin's comments - the test is untimed and you can take it as many times as you want. My 19-year-old recently took the test. She went straight to the test and read through the teaching material as she was taking it. She has no insurance experience but is a pretty intuitive test taker. BUT, it took her five hours to get through the test (including snack breaks :-) ). She figured it was better to take it slow and careful the first time through so as to not have to do it again.
I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?
(02-12-2019, 01:45 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?

Good job! You need to create an ACE account. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main Then you go to Course Search and put in part of the course/institution and click the course, and click Add to Transcript. It costs $20 to create an account. When you are ready, you will send the ACE transcript to the college you are enrolled in.
(02-12-2019, 02:16 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:45 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?

Good job! You need to create an ACE account. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main Then you go to Course Search and put in part of the course/institution and click the course, and click Add to Transcript. It costs $20 to create an account. When you are ready, you will send the ACE transcript to the college you are enrolled in.

I paid nothing for the account but will pay for transcripts.  Has this changed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,967 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  ACTFL has extended ACE status! Avidreader 9 648 08-29-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 333 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,129 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  The Institutes - Ethics 312: Missing Acclaim badge question answered BadBradsBBQ 10 1,970 03-25-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Need UL Ethics Course Credit mrskitty 11 1,473 09-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  SDC UL Computer Science & Management Ethics Course Sequence vanglorious 5 897 08-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: vanglorious
  The Institutes Ethics - 2 courses? cwendy111 10 3,289 03-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TheAlternativeBachelor
  Upset over the Institutes Insurance Ethics Course katelynn 46 13,695 03-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Institutes Ethics @ TESU prof_frink 1 1,104 12-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: lacussucceed