Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested in trying out InstantCert's new courses (under ACE review)?
Hello DegreeForum community!

InstantCert is currently going through the ACE review process and we will hopefully be launching our first seven courses very soon:
American Government
Financial Accounting
Spanish I
Environmental Science
Astronomy
Astronomy Lab
College Algebra

Please let me know if you would be interested in an exclusive "sneak peek" at the courses. You would get unlimited, free access to the complete courses (with exception of the final exams) in return for providing your helpful feedback.

The idea is, once we are done with the ACE review, assuming we get approved, we would then free up access to the proctored exams so that you can finish the courses you are interested in and transfer them for college credit.

This offer is geared more towards long-standing members of the forum. If you are a newer member or someone who does not participate much, please send me a private message providing a bit of detail about yourself and your motivation for wanting to participate.

Thanks!
[-] The following 9 users Like sgloer's post:
  • brainfroze, cookderosa, hsfamfun, MrBossmanJr, Muldoon, Oulton1, ronaldemail1, suzycupcake, SweetSecret
Very cool that you're all entering the credit game! Hopefully this leads to a lot of new courses that can't be taken everywhere else.

Do you have a price-point in mind for your courses, once approved?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks, jsd!

The courses we would develop next and the pricing structure are a couple of things that we would love to discuss with any users that volunteer for this. Rest assured that our goal has always been to make education as affordable as possible (InstantCert has not raised our prices even *once* since we started offering CLEP prep nearly twenty years ago!). Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes sgloer's post:
  • jsd
Interesting, Woohoo! Add me to that list! I'd love to try Spanish I and compare it to Study.com's version and the CLEP/MS option... I think the bigger market would be the courses that aren't offered elsewhere cheap, like what Study.com is doing, it seems they are focusing now on courses that haven't entered into the alternative education market just yet.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, things that haven't been covered by other providers but are requirements for degrees that have a lot of interest would be amazing. Data Structures would obviously be an awesome one for a lot of people.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
This is great and yes I would be more than happy to help. I'm already a instacert member and will get on the website and check it all out. I would recommend some classes that are hard to find that cannot be done via CLEP/DSST.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Would love to help with astronomy lab. My husband would probably be interested in American Gov and maybe astronomy and lab.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
I'm interested in the astronomy lab, but why didn't you guys focus on courses that aren't currently available?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I would love to try the astronomy lab and Spanish I.
I am thinking Spanish and Financial Accounting.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,208 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 865 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 687 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,335 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,648 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,591 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,025 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 570 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 325 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM