Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intermediate Accounting II
bghill Wrote:Foothill's are only 4 Qtr. Cr each, so they wouldn't equate to 3 Sem. Cr.; but De Anza's are 5 cr., so they would satisfy TESU's reqs.

4 qtr credits are 2.66 semester credits, and TESU is very very likely to accept this as meeting the requirement. Though you'd likely have to make up the difference in credits as AoS electives.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Just want to update this thread with some additional information on the Oakton CC Intermediate Accounting II course.

My teacher is Michelle Wray, didn't know this going in but she has a questionable Midterm/Final policy. She requires all students to get a 60% or higher on at least one of the two test either the Midterm or Final. So if you don't manage at 60% or better on at least one you fail. Looking at here grading scheme originally I though wow I could manage a C and did very bad on the midterm and final. She weights the midterm and final quite low so I was happy. Then I saw this policy. I don't see me having an issue getting at least a 60 on both but its going to make an interesting semester is I don't get a 60 or better on the Midterm in 5.5weeks.

Never saw this policy before and its more intimidating then anything else. I'll post my midterm grade and how hard/easy the test was. Oh and her Midterms/Finals have to be proctored. Either on Campus, a testing center near your or ProctorU.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Hello All!

Here to give you the final review of this course from Oakton CC

Teacher: Michele Wray
Rating: 5 out of 5
Credits: 4
My Final Grade : B (Missed A by only 38 points in a 1135 available point course)
Total Spent : $603 + $130 + $33.50*2 = $800/4 = $200/credit

First off I didn't miss the A by much and you will know why after this short review.

Let me start by saying the teacher who teaches this is down right amazing. Super helpful and you are almost guaranteed to do better if you take the time to ask her questions. She will answer, and she usually answers within half a day. At this school you could very well take both Intermediate I and II at the same time as you are not required to take I first then II.

She breaks down the course pretty much into two different halves. You do chapter 14-18 I believe for the first half then the second half is 19-24. The first half was by far much easier for me at least then the second half. Some of the chapters in the second half I found very challenging. Now she does have this if you fail both Midterm and Final with below a 60 you fail the course. Do not worry about this, she told me it is set up to prevent having Person A pay Person B to do the course for them. If you try even 50% on the course material you can easily get a 60% on the midterm/final. I actually got 82%/63%(Final is where I messed up). She is very generous on carry forward points and rearranging point weights. You can actually see how you did compared to the entire class (you don't know who actually got what) and everyone was able to get at least a 60%+ on the midterm.

Price breakdown is $800 for the entire class. The reason this is so high is because you get 4 credits for the course. I really really really wish they had a 3 credit version but they don't. It would save a lot of money and would make this an actual option for some I think. Anyways, 603$ for applying to the school and paying for the course and any fees related. I paid $130 for the online e-book and Wiley code. Then it did cost me 33.50 for each exam with ProctorU. The last price can be avoided if you have a testing center that will proctor for free or a lot less then the 33.50. You can also spread the cost of the book to half if you buy the whole book and code and take both courses together its the same book.

The last part of this is the WHY take the course here and not just pay the 300$ or so at Penn Foster and save the other $500. Well the answer is Regionally Accredited, Actual Grade, Looks better to potential employers (at least I think it would). Personally I would pay $800 vs $300 for the credits I got at Oakton over Penn Foster any day. The speed is really the only disadvantage. Anyways if you have any specific questions about the class please PM me as I'm not sure how often I will check this tread.

FYI : I have 25 total Accounting credits via BM (Regionally Accredited Schools) with a 3.72 GPA. And 34 total Accounting Credits!! All I have left is to knock out this Federal Income Tax TECEP on June 10th and wait for graduation!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I would like to take the CPA test in the future and after reading this post, I think it best to take my accounting courses at a B&M. Is it a good idea to take them at TESU? If anyone has any advice or suggestions please me know. I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Thank you.
afiabanks Wrote:I would like to take the CPA test in the future and after reading this post, I think it best to take my accounting courses at a B&M. Is it a good idea to take them at TESU? If anyone has any advice or suggestions please me know. I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Thank you.

No, TESU is expensive, you can do more courses at a CC over TESU. The only course you should ever take at TESU is the capstone.
Each course at TESU can go up to $1500/course. You can get two/three or up to four or more courses at the local community college.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok thank you, I"ll start looking at the CC listed on this post and elsewhere.
afiabanks Wrote:I would like to take the CPA test in the future and after reading this post, I think it best to take my accounting courses at a B&M. Is it a good idea to take them at TESU? If anyone has any advice or suggestions please me know. I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Thank you.

If looking at taking 30-36cr at TESU, consider the comprehensive tuition plan. I used it my first year and was quite pleased with pricing. If you can use study.com courses somewhere they have a partner discount where you save dollars off cost of comprehensive tuition. (Check forum for more information. You can apply for their guardian scholarship and receive 6 free courses.) Keep in mind, with the comprehensive plan, you receive up to 36cr in a year which includes all methods of course delivery (OL/GS, epack and TECEPs). It was a great savings.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
afiabanks Wrote:I would like to take the CPA test in the future and after reading this post, I think it best to take my accounting courses at a B&M. Is it a good idea to take them at TESU? If anyone has any advice or suggestions please me know.

The key thing is to know exactly what the educational requirements are for your state's CPA board. They vary widely from state to state. You'll want to look for school(s) that can provide all of the classes you'll need to qualify to take the exam in your state.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,549 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,215 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,212 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,403 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 1,858 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,859 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,119 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 2,773 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,411 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Need 18 Accounting Courses or Certificate germ 3 1,459 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: germ