Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intermediate Accounting II
sarg123 Wrote:But to answer your question - I just checked my local CC and they do offer Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2 online in two eight week formats. It's Ocean County College - http://ocean.edu. I don't know if the program is any good, and I also don't know what the admission criteria is, but it might be something to check out.

Also, what about LSU or CSU Global? I thought those colleges were two options that people were using.

LSU is $728/course. So people are looking around to see if they can find a cheaper source.

With the CSU-Global CBEs, in addition to them not being actual courses, CSU currently limits you to 5 CBEs if you're not a CSU-Global student. So if you want to use them to cover the required UL credits, you can't use them for Intermediate Acct.

Oh, and it looks like Ocean County is $237.50/semester hour for out-of-county residents, plus $100 course fee and a one-time $20 admission fee. (Course is 3 semester hrs.)
This is perfect! Thank you! From what I can gather, the courses are $100 each...seems too good to be true but I'll contact them to verify. Gotta love this forum! Thanks again! Smile
bghill Wrote:LSU is $728/course. So people are looking around to see if they can find a cheaper source.

With the CSU-Global CBEs, in addition to them not being actual courses, CSU currently limits you to 5 CBEs if you're not a CSU-Global student. So if you want to use them to cover the required UL credits, you can't use them for Intermediate Acct.

Oh, and it looks like Ocean County is $237.50/semester hour for out-of-county residents, plus $100 course fee and a one-time $20 admission fee. (Course is 3 semester hrs.)

Ahh that makes more sense than the $100 flat fee I thought it was. Still something that I'd want to consider.
Btaylor89 Wrote:Ahh that makes more sense than the $100 flat fee I thought it was. Still something that I'd want to consider.

Yeah, $100/course would have been a dream! As it is, it comes to $812.50, which is $84.50 more than LSU.

Oakton is $543/course -- saves $185/course over LSU. Of course, cost is only one factor.
bghill Wrote:LSU is $728/course. So people are looking around to see if they can find a cheaper source.

Home - Oakton Community College

This place seems very well prices with very relaxed pre-reqs.

I applied to the school, was accepted in about 36 hours. Once you login you change your password and then you are able to register for classes. For a 4 Credit Class it will cost $603. For a 3 credit class about $480. Application Fee is only once, and I am not sure about the registration fee. The school allows you to sign up immediately for a payment plan (not offered at a bunch of other schools I looked into). For Intermediate Accounting II it's a 4 Credit class (wish it was 3cr here for price reasons, the extra 1 credit wont do anything for me). Probably not a great option for people who are looking for super cheap options, but for people who want some actual classes for there major this may be an excellent way to go. The way I see it is Penn Foster = $299, its 3credits and its ACE credits. Oakton = $603, its 4 credits and its Regionally Accredited. I will just be verifying this course will be transferred in as Int Acc II at TESU and then I will be signing up for the payment plan.

APPL Application Fee 02-DEC-2016
$25.00

CNST Construction Fee 03-DEC-2016
$8.00

CRLB Course/Lab Fee 03-DEC-2016
$50.00

CRRF Oakton Registration Fee 03-DEC-2016
$15.00

CSPA Spring Activity Fee 03-DEC-2016
$12.00

CSPT Spring Tuition 03-DEC-2016
$493.00
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal, thanks for being the trailblazer and getting the details on Oakton CC.
bghill Wrote:Synicaal, thanks for being the trailblazer and getting the details on Oakton CC.

Got more information on Intermediate Accounting II from this school (OAKTON CC).

The Class that is taught by Michelle Wray has 2 Proctored Exams, you can do them on campus for free but if you are not local you have to do them at a College near you that gives proctored exams. For me its going to cost me 30$ each test if I choose to do it because my CC doesn't do testing anymore so I can't get it for free.

She seems very helpful and super fast to respond to questions via e-mail. I just e-mailed her for textbook information, and I am still waiting on TESU to confirm that Intermediate Accounting II from Oakton will transfer into TESU as the same. I don't see why it wont but I just want it in writing before I commit to a 600$ class.

Book Update : Book Costs about $220 from the school comes with physical book and course code to access Willey. You can just buy the code from Willey, appears to be $140 and comes with the e-book(only during the class you don't keep it)

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Just wanted to make a note for anyone seeking the accounting route : If you just do all your accounting courses through SL and Study.com you will most likely be lost when it comes to real accounting work. I will be listing out all my RA accounting credits I will have when this is all said and done to give you an idea of what your looking at. To speak to tesu-acct-student It looks like I will be taking Intermediate Accounting II at Oakton CC, the book for II and I are the same so I will be reviewing the first part of the book in advance of the course. Here is a list of all Regionally Accredited courses in ACC I will have earned by the time I graduate (hoping for June Graduation)

HVCC - (18cr)
ACTG 110 - Financial Accounting (4)
ACTG 111 - Managerial Accounting (4)
ACTG 200 - Accounting Computerized Systems (4)
ACTG 210 - Not-for-Profit Accounting (3)
ACTG 212 - Federal Income Tax (3)

OCC (4)
ACC 242 - Intermediate Accounting II (4)

Total : 22 Credit Hours in AoS (Zero Being UL) All my UL will be coming from SL and Study.com. Aside from the 3 credits from the TECEP for Federal Income Tax.

However I will be utilizing my work's tuition Vouchers at UAlbany and likely taking a UL accounting course in the summer and again in the fall to have some "Real" Accounting UL courses. One course will be Auditing as that is the only requirement I will be missing for the CPA exam if I ever decide I want to take it.

Just a Heads Up I decided to go ahead and enroll in this course, I will be reviewing it as I go along so others can see how it is. As far as the cost I just payed the 25$ payment plan setup fee and have 5 payments of 120 due each month starting in January. Definitely on the pricy side but a pretty good option for anyone looking for RA credits in Accounting and not the Penn Foster Route.

[Cross-posted from the thread "Inexpensive Single Course Option Colleges like Penn Foster?"]

TrailRunr Wrote:Out-of-state can get in-state at De Anza or Foothill community college if less than or equal to 6 quarter credits ($31/quarter credit). So it's possible for OOS to get their education subsidized by California taxpayers.

De Anza College
Foothill College

Both colleges offer Intermediate Accounting I and II online. Unfortunately, Foothill's are only 4 Qtr. Cr each, so they wouldn't equate to 3 Sem. Cr.; but De Anza's are 5 cr., so they would satisfy TESU's reqs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,566 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,217 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,214 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,405 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 1,863 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,861 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,120 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 2,775 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,423 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Need 18 Accounting Courses or Certificate germ 3 1,459 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: germ