Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate accounting II with Study.com to be accredited next week
Study.com reached out to me in response to a post I made about needing upper level accounting classes. They said they will be rolling out early next week with Intermediate Accounting II. I asked if it will be accredited, and they said it will be. I hope this isn't a mistake or miscommunication.

I'm excited about this because I really like Study.com and it's cheaper than Penn Foster.
[-] The following 5 users Like bfleshman's post:
  • Ideas, keepsingin, mc.christi, Study.com, Yenisei
If they could do Federal Taxation too, that would be great. But Intermediate Accounting II is very big, if it indeed transfers as Intermed Acct II. I've been waiting for it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • sarg123
How hard are the Accounting courses at Study.com? I have not taken any Accounting courses from them before.
Compared to their other courses, what's the recommended first courses at Study.com to get the hang of things?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I agree, it would be nice if federal income tax was accredited with Study.com or other upper level accounting courses.

Lewis, I took applied managerial accounting, advanced accounting, principles of finance, and globalization and international management with Study.com. I don't think the courses were hard. They touch up on topics already discussed throughout the lessons which helped me to retain all the information. You can check out their website to view each courses syllabus and to see what all contributes to the course grade.
They said they were working on Int Acct I & II a while ago, and got Int Acct I through a while ago. So I'm not surprised II is finally on board.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Study.com
This is great news for those studying accounting. Here's my wish list for UL accounting:

-Accounting Information Systems
-Auditing
-Federal & Personal Income Taxation
-Government & Nonprofit Accounting

If the states' Boards of Accountancy are willing to accept Study.com accounting courses when credit for them is awarded by a four-year RA school, there would be a pretty significant market for the UL accounting courses, especially in states where specific UL accounting courses are required for CPA licensure.
[-] The following 2 users Like Yenisei's post:
  • bfleshman, Study.com
Just putting this note out there for any prospective accounting majors out there... Study.com is awesome for accounting courses for general business degrees but from my experience, they're not the best choice for someone who wants to sit the CPA exam. A more traditional approach to accounting courses are only thing I'm aware of that are beneficial to that end. I'm a huge proponent of Study.com and I haven't seen this new course yet, but their other accounting courses don't match the level of rigor and detail that traditional courses throw at ya. However, one thing Study definitely has going for them is that their teaching method really makes it "stick" which is not so common in a lot of distance learning.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 3 users Like keepsingin's post:
  • bfleshman, Study.com, Yenisei
That's a good point, keepsingin, but isn't that what the CPA prep courses are for?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yenisei's post:
  • sarg123
(01-27-2018, 12:52 PM)Yenisei Wrote: That's a good point, keepsingin, but isn't that what the CPA prep courses are for?

True, it's workable either route taken; I'm mentioning it only if one wanted to kill two birds with one stone, so that CPA study would be more brushing up instead of learning mostly new material. Plus, I found a lot of ACBSP grad programs' prereqs require a certain number of regionally accredited accounting credits.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Historically speaking, Study.com seemed to get ACE credit in batches, so I wonder what other classes are also getting approved next week?
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • Study.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,362 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,480 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 753 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,309 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,037 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 416 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch