Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Student
Hey BJ, I actually emailed them and they do still have a testing center open.  Only problem is they charge $57 per exam, bit ridiculous.  Would modernstates reimburse this as well?

The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) offers the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams. Below are details about the CLEP test administration at PAEF. The exam will be available only from Monday to Friday. You can take two exams per day, one in the morning at 8:30 and 1:30 in the afternoon (except Philippine and US holidays, PAEF events, and CLEP scheduled maintenance by the Educational Testing Service in the US).  E-mail us at fulbright@fulbright.org.ph when you plan to take the exams and what subject/s?

REQUIREMENTS NEEDED:

Valid passport

CLEP charge is $87.  CLEP exam payments must be made via online by test takers through the My Account registration portal http://www.collegeboard.com/CLEP.  Test takers will be issued a registration ticket after paying for a CLEP exam via My Account.  You need to bring the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket/s with you when you come on the day/s of your exam/s at the PAEF center.  Please email also in advance a copy or copies of your CLEP Exam Registration ticket/s.

Schedule exams a week before the intended exam date.  PAEF is constrained in scheduling exams more than one week in advance because of the CLEP maintenance schedule/s that PAEF receives anytime from the ETS in the US (which would mean that no exams can be administered on the scheduled CLEP maintenance).

PAEF charges $57 per test (or its equivalent in pesos) as administration fee payable only in CASH).  Inform PAEF a week in advance if you are unable to take the exam on your scheduled testing date.  A no-show on the scheduled testing date would require additional fee of $10/testing date when re-scheduling the CLEP exam/s.
Hey everyone,

We narrowed it down to either Entrepreneurship from TESU or Business Administration from COSC. I think Armstrong mentioned COSC is the cheaper route? The plan is for her to transfer in as many credits as possible and we will be using Study.com annual membership with the 50% off coupon. The rest will be through Saylor or other sites we find.

Also, I can’t seem to find the exact requirements for COSC. Is there is a list for general education and electives? Finally, is there a cap to the amount of units she can transfer in?

Thanks
Yes COSC is the cheaper route. You can scour through the forums to find a degree plan. Yes COSC has such a list of what counts as GE, you can find it here:

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/courses/

Like BJ suggested, take all the free courses first then focus on everything else.

Yes there is a CAP, she can transfer in everything except the cornerstone and capstone.

Also let her send her previous credits from the Philippines to WES to be evaluated.

https://www.wes.org/

Also scour through the forums to find a degree plan and modify it for your own needs. Here's one I found that I'll attach, verify with the requirements on this page for the degree completion:

https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/

Attached Files
.xlsx   scout2family COSC BSBA-1page.xlsx (Size: 68.12 KB / Downloads: 6)
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I'm pretty sure that Entrepreneurship from TESU is not one of the current BSBA concentrations that can be completed through the alternative methods talked about here; adding even more cost.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

@a9uilar your private messaging is disabled, do here is your response to the PM

Saylor courses are fairly hard to pass, a lot of the tests have errors.

Honeslty I would recommend you do as much as possbile from Straighterline and Study.com

Go to the COSC business admin page:

https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/

Look under the major requirements then go to this page here, click the 'view our free transfer guide' button:

https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

Then look at which courses transfer as what.

Also look at straighterline:

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Between these two and the free credits, she should be able to complete most if not all the requirements.

Also make sure she sends her previous credits to WES.

Don't waste time with Saylor, it may be a little cheaper but the stress is not worth it.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Thanks Armstrong, really appreciate the help.

Yeah, you’re right, study.com is a good choice.
Another update

We decided she will start with CLEP exams as Modern States is offering them for free. I was wondering if someone could verify that the following will all transfer to the Business Administration degree at COSC.

College Composition - 6 credits
College Mathematics - 6 credits
Natural Sciences - 6 credits
Social Sciences and History - 6 credits
Biology - 6 credits
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 6 credits
Principles of Management - 3 credits
Principles of Marketing - 3 credits

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 167 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 339 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 825 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  US student visa issuances now exceed pre-COVID levels bjcheung77 1 373 12-26-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: RavindraNagai
  Oopsie, student is attending the wrong institution... bjcheung77 2 403 10-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  NYC college student gets 1yr prison sentence in Dubai for touching security guard LevelUP 5 579 10-06-2023, 10:25 AM
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 366 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 617 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 536 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,216 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az