Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Student seeking guidance from others
Sophia(free) is availble for us. Also study.com en saylor. Clep and dsst are not.
[-] The following 2 users Like SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Pikachu
(07-19-2019, 11:37 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Maybe we can make a list with courses we are able to take and which not.

The following providers I know do allow international students (short list); the majority overall discussed on this forum do allow international students. It would probably be easier to list those who do not allow international students - but, as I said these are some that I know that do allow US & International students.  The specific course offerings vary from provider to provider; and they add new courses periodically (rare to have one removed, but it happens).

Study.com (SDC)
straighterline.com (SL)
sophia.org (Sophia)
saylor.org (Saylor)
davaracademy.com (Davar)

There are plenty of others, but these are some that I know that do allow both US & International students.  This short list alone is enough to earn at least one of the few most commonly talked about degrees discussed here.

Here is the list of providers the wiki has currently listed (doesn't have an US/International clarifier - you'd have to research each one); https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Pikachu
Only WGU (Academy) and OnlineDegree don't allow non-US students.
[-] The following 2 users Like lacussucceed's post:
  • allvia, cecilgambe7
(07-19-2019, 12:33 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Sophia(free) is availble for us. Also study.com en saylor. Clep and dsst are not.

Note: Sophia also offers more for credit options than just the free courses
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Yes and they have nice courses i think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-19-2019, 12:11 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 11:37 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Maybe we can make a list with courses we are able to take and which not.

By now i can say that:
  • AWR-173-W Information security basics
  • AWR174 - Cyber Ethics
Both courses from TEEX are apparently not allowed for international students... we can start the list with this two...

But i think that no other TEEX course is allowed for international students...

Hi im international student and I did all the TEEX courses without problem i even got credit for it also im doing the Onlinedegree.com when i saw in the forum that they do not accept international student i contacted them and they said if i already enrolled it ok to continue maybe because i signup last year on those institutions i got in so, my advice is to contact them first before you wast your time.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Pikachu
Thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Got this in a email from Exelsior                                                                                    The overall number of credits that can transfer will depend greatly on the credits that you have taken, and how they will match up with the degree that you are interested in. Is there a specific degree that you are interested in pursuing here at Excelsior College?  If you're looking to maximize your transfer credit, our Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts (BSL) is our most flexible degree program.

It’s possible to apply as many as 117 transfer credits toward the 120 needed for the BSL degree. Only a three-credit online capstone course is required to be completed at Excelsior. You can review the degree requirements here.

The other reason this degree is so flexible is that it allows you to complete most your requirements through credit by exam. Low cost exams let you pursue supported self-study and then earn credit by taking an exam at your local Pearson Vue test center.

We are able to review credits earned from accredited sources such as study.com, as well as any credits you earned through accredited domestic, or international colleges. All credits you have taken will be reviewed as part of the admissions process, should you decide to move forward with Excelsior College. Official transcripts would need to be sent directly from the institution where the credits were earned, or the official Subject Analysis Report from ECE for any credits earned through schools outside of the US.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMHB MyWay CBE BAS Now Welcomes International Students Jonathan Whatley 2 411 11-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Clackamas CC ARPA Payment - check your student email! ctcarl 4 978 08-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  International Uni's with RA in USA Prof.Gringo 2 984 12-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Questions From Future Student Looking to Enroll at TESU, Excelsior, or WGU Kalpa 8 3,839 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Little confused-Need guidance please suzycupcake 13 2,095 04-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MariaElisa
  International Czech girl need help BA LadaD 0 947 01-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Last Post: LadaD
  Help for a beginning international student! aditya320 25 3,974 01-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore