Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internships/Practicums for credit through TESC?
First off, I'm not enrolled yet, but planning to go to TESC for a BA Learner Designated Area of Study (non-profit/arts/women's human services probably). Many of you know that I've been out of work, & don't qualify for any assistance so far... but working to get disability due to a knee injury & arthritis. I've been out of work 8 months, & applying for jobs like crazy. Anyhow, one job I really wanted was 3 blocks from my home. Its a non-profit rehabilitation shelter, so obviously in the human services sector. Anyhow, they didn't even give me the opportunity to interview, which I was really bummed out about. They sent me a "sorry, the position has been filled letter", but added on the option to call them if I were interested in volunteering. I've had nothing to do for months really, other that the monthly genealogy day once a month at the library, so I figured I might as well see about volunteering. I really need a job, which means I'll need to give myself enough time to continue sending out rÃsumÃs, but at least its something to do!

I called over & spoke to someone in the volunteer area to ask though if instead of a regular volunteer position, could it be set-up as an internship. I was told it could be set-up as an unpaid internship, & they do track hours & activities. So now I need to think about what I'd need to actually do in order for TESC to give me credit for experience over there. Does anyone have experience with this? According to their PLA sheet, they don't give credit for interships... yet I see mention on their site of credits for practicums/internships related to specific fields such as medical. How would I need to do this?

1.) How many hours would I need to put in?
2.) What sort of activities in this environment would TESC likely give me UL credit for?
3.) How do I approach TESC about this after the fact?
4.) Anything else I'd need to know?

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,368 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,806 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,977 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,588 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,095 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,573 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,591 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom