Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intro to World Religions DSST, Anyone??
How many testing centers still use paper and pencil? All the tests Ive taken and heard people take are on computer.
bubba1213 Wrote:How many testing centers still use paper and pencil? All the tests Ive taken and heard people take are on computer.

The test center I use at the local CC, still uses the paper and pencil version of the DSST's.

They only give the clep's & dantes once a month and since most people are signing up for cleps, they give those on the computer and the DSST paper & pencil.

So I guess depending on where you take your exam, will depend on computer or paper /pencil. I suppose the test center decides which they are equipped to provide.
I've only taken 2 DSSTs at Strayer U. and they were computerized with instant results.
CLEP's Taken:
[SIZE="1"]A & I Lit-6CH (62), American Gov't (63), Introductory Business Law (64), History of the United States I (66), Introductory Psychology (61), Introductory Sociology (73), American Literature (63), Macroeconomics (58)[/SIZE]

DSST's Taken:
[SIZE="1"]Intro to World Religion (464), Astronomy (70)[/SIZE]

Up Next:
[SIZE="1"] Taking a break![/SIZE]
Took the test today. Got a 446/500. The test was a real b!tch, though.

There's just too much material to learn everything that needs to be known about Hinduism, Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism ... not to mention Islam, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism. Plus, so many of the names/terms sound similar to a Gringo like me.

On top of that, I ended up getting some majorly obscure Jewish and Christian questions ... which negated my only serious strength.

I was definitely praying a lot (to the Christian God) during this "world religions" test.

Prayer works, apparently.
I took my test last week and passed no problem. I used only the instantcert flash cards and google for some of the issues listed in this forum.
jdedman Wrote:I took my test last week and passed no problem. I used only the instantcert flash cards and google for some of the issues listed in this forum.
I haven't taken the test yet, but did find a good web-site. Resource: Bridging World History
It has a few movies that have "world religions" in them, and, it's explained quite clearly...somewhat - might be helpful to someone else
Graduated from Thomas Edison State College with a BA Communication degree on September 9, 2011.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]About 90 credits taken through independent study
(CLEP, DSST, FEMA, TECEP) [/COLOR]

Do, or do not. There is NO try.
I can do anything I set my mind to doing.
The lesson isn't in the ending, it's in the journey
I took this test and I used only the College Network's module. It wasn't bad, proboably my easiest test to date. I just read the module once, the reviewed the unit summaries and the test questions several times. The practice test in the module was similiar to those found on the tests. My test also had a lot of questions on Buddhism, Judiasm, and I felt the most on Hinduism.
2/2008 Intro to World Religions DSST- 60
3/2009 A & I of Literature CLEP-54
10/2009 Excelsior Ethics: Theory & Practice B
3/2010 Principles of Statistics DSST: 436
4/7/10 Business Law CLEP 60
4/2010 Principles of Management CLEP 63
5/2010 Natural Science CLEP 62
bell11967 Wrote:I took this test and I used only the College Network's module. It wasn't bad, proboably my easiest test to date. I just read the module once, the reviewed the unit summaries and the test questions several times. The practice test in the module was similiar to those found on the tests. My test also had a lot of questions on Buddhism, Judiasm, and I felt the most on Hinduism.
Did you find the online practice test helpful as well?
What practice tests are available for this test? I know the dantes website has a $5 test available, but is there any other tests that can judge whether you are ready or not (especially since IC does not sound to be a good judging factor)? Thanks!

`Dakota
"I am a firm believer in luck. The harder I work, the more I have of it" ~Thomas Jefferson

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun rises; not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ~C.S. Lewis

"The greatest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." ~John Ruskin

"A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction" ~Tolstoy
snazzlefrag Wrote:Assuming I passed the Civil War exam that I took last week, I need 39 more credits (13 exams) for my BS in Psychology, and then an additional 30 new credits (10 exams) for my BS in Business.

It's been constant studying and exams since last November. But I'm getting there!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....I just hope it's not a train.
hilarious

So wha tinstitution allows you to test the entire degree? (assuming that is what you are doing)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 199 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 636 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 433 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 398 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 534 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,164 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,045 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z