Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish FETAC Level 5 and 6
Hello Everyone

I'm seeking information on anyone who has used Irish FETAC level 5 or 6 to gain credit at the big three. It seems the evaluation institutions don't list FETAC as part of their assesments of Irish qualifications. I'm not willing to fork out money to them in order for them to tell me that I'm not getting any credit for the work already done.

FETAC level 6 which is what I'm currently working on in Business Administration is similar to the first year of B&M Colleges education.

thanks

Des:nopity:
Update ...... I'll be sending in my FETAC courses for evaluation with ECE which is the preferred evaluator for Excelsior I will update with credits once I enroll
March 1st 2013...... ECE were sent Irish FETAC Level 5 and 6 plus additional education documents. Excelsior informed me that it usually takes three - five weeks to get a reply on international credits so we'll see what happens
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Documents were approved for evaluation today so no futher documentation appears to be needed, estimated time to compleation four more weeks. I basically did all their research for them, it's my credit afterall! Wondering how long should I wait till I actually enroll at Excelsior given it'll take four weeks to process the ECE paperwork and then send to me.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
When to enroll at EC?

Remind us exactly where you are in the process. Is EC doing your initial evaluation now? About how many credits do you think you have? Which degree do you want? Do you know of any reasons to pay to enroll sooner rather than later or vice versa?
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Delaying enrolling may be benefical since it extends the time to complete the degree Business with HR, There is six years to complete the degree at Excelsior. work is offering me 12 classes at Strayer and Seattle City U which are paid for excluding books so I wanted to take adavantage of them, however I don't want to duplicate classes. I'm waiting for my Irish results to be evaluated by ECE in milwaukee once I get them I've got six months to submit them to Excelsior. No data exists currently about FETAC courses transferring from Ireland to the United States. College is very inexpensive in Ireland so there isn't many who leave a nearly free education to move to the United States (I'm getting married in a few weeks) I have the first year done in College in Ireland under what's known as an advanced certificate which might be worth from 12+ credits but we'll have to see what ECE recommends and how Excelsior College awards credits on those recommendations. The adavantage of being enrolled in Excelsior is that I qualify currently for FAFSA but not when I'm married I won't qualify because my wife will earn to much money. Being enrolled in EC while taking courses at Strayer and CityU may allow me to avoid duplicating credit.
Current Credits

Irish Education

Sounds like you'll be a guinea pig in several ways, including foreign credit and financial aid. I'm sure many will be interested in your progress.

If you are planning to use financial aid at more than one school, be sure to find out if EC will work with you on that. Rebel100 is our expert on the topic for COSC. I don't know if EC offers the same type of help.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
ECE website says that it should take 4 weeks to process the subject analysis for Excelsior, It's amazing when time seems to stand still.......... Meanwhile I've requested my ECDL or ICDL transcript to be sent to Excelsior to go through the preliminary evaulation. I also enrolled in Strayers Marketing 100 course through work, purchased the book $73 almost as much as the CLEP although I'm looking at this as a letter grade course to contribute to my GPA at EC
Current Credits

Irish Education

ECE Results are back!

So my Irish education has been evaluated by ECE and the results were slightly disappointing. Irish People moving to America make note!
Leaving Certificate = High School Diploma
Fas electronics course = vocational training no credits awarded
Security Institute of Ireland Security officer Skills = vocational no credits recommended
Security Industry awareness NCVA Level 1/FETAC Level 4 = American high school no credits awarded ?
ECDL / ICDL ( International Computer Drivers Licence) = completion of non-credit vocational training (Excelsior and I are in negociations about gaining 7 credits on ECDL)
City and Guilds Intermediate Typewriting = completion of non-credit vocational training
FETAC Level 5 in Business Studies Secretarial = American high school no credits awarded ( Irish students note well! Level 5 will not transfer as credit)

FETAC Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration ( All distinctions transcribed as A's)
Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A
Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A ( excluded from pliminary review by Excelsior College regarding course content) updates to follow
Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A
Communications 5.0 U.S credits A
Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

The means that FETAC Level 6 is equal to the first year in both Irish and American Colleges and therefore be wary of those FETAC colleges who assert
that having FETAC Level 4 and 5 are worthwhile outside the CAO/CAS system as it doesn't work here in the States. Instead of doing FETAC courses in Ireland consider
preparing for CLEP and DSST exams

I hope this was helpful to those with International education credits or those who are considering emmigrating to the United States from Ireland.
Current Credits

Irish Education

Irish students moving to America take note:

FETAC Level 6 Business management 5 credits awarded by Excelsior College, equal to Principles of Management 3 credit course after much negotiation and supplying them with the syllabus.
EI2HCB Wrote:ECE Results are back!

So my Irish education has been evaluated by ECE and the results were slightly disappointing. Irish People moving to America make note!
Leaving Certificate = High School Diploma
Fas electronics course = vocational training no credits awarded
Security Institute of Ireland Security officer Skills = vocational no credits recommended
Security Industry awareness NCVA Level 1/FETAC Level 4 = American high school no credits awarded ?
ECDL / ICDL ( International Computer Drivers Licence) = completion of non-credit vocational training (Excelsior and I are in negociations about gaining 7 credits on ECDL)
City and Guilds Intermediate Typewriting = completion of non-credit vocational training
FETAC Level 5 in Business Studies Secretarial = American high school no credits awarded ( Irish students note well! Level 5 will not transfer as credit)

FETAC Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration ( All distinctions transcribed as A's)
Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A
Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A ( excluded from pliminary review by Excelsior College regarding course content) updates to follow
Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A
Communications 5.0 U.S credits A
Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

The means that FETAC Level 6 is equal to the first year in both Irish and American Colleges and therefore be wary of those FETAC colleges who assert
that having FETAC Level 4 and 5 are worthwhile outside the CAO/CAS system as it doesn't work here in the States. Instead of doing FETAC courses in Ireland consider
preparing for CLEP and DSST exams

I hope this was helpful to those with International education credits or those who are considering emmigrating to the United States from Ireland.
Current Credits

Irish Education

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,101 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,098 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,731 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family
  TESU - Free Ethics Course/ Upper-Level vs Ethics Requirement Silly_Me 12 3,197 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  BSBA CIS upper level (TESU) fork 23 6,057 04-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Upper Level - core vs AOS - TESU mansion7 9 2,842 04-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rixbae
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 5,913 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Anyone take classes at DMACC upper-level, for under $200 online frank.f.franky 5 1,988 03-21-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Upper Level courses for Liberal Arts degree smthmn89 35 10,633 01-31-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Upper Level Credits MrBossmanJr 13 3,624 12-16-2017, 02:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore