Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 60 credits in 6 months reasonable?
For a competency based undergrad program, is 60 credits in 6 months possible?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Depends on the school, depends on the courses, depends on you. 60cr is ~ 20 courses. Meaning 3-4 courses per month. If you had a lot of time to dedicate to this, then it's difficult but doable. I personally wouldn't be able to do it, I couldn't keep up that pace for 6 months (1-2 months, maybe).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It definitely depends on a lot of variables. Some people are able to do even more in 6 months. Others can only do half or less.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If u do it full time without procrastination i believe its possible
(06-29-2021, 09:14 AM)Vle045 Wrote: For a competency based undergrad program, is 60 credits in 6 months possible?

Depends. Depends on the way the program at the school is set up. Depends a whole lot on you. Your experience. Knowledge. Motivation. Time. Effort. It's really up to you and how much of your regular life you're willing to sacrifice for a period of time to get the degree done.
(06-29-2021, 09:29 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: If u do it full time without procrastination i believe its possible

Ah!  I think that is the key. Being able to do it full time.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(06-29-2021, 09:14 AM)Vle045 Wrote: For a competency based undergrad program, is 60 credits in 6 months possible?

Time without any reference means nothing.

Example #1

It took me 1 hour to walk 500 feet.  (1 mile is 5,000+ feet so then it would take me 10hrs to walk 1 mile?)
Well, you could sit down for most of the time, then you aren't getting anywhere while sitting.
The reality is it is possible to walk 1 mile in less than 30 min without breaking a sweat.

Example #2

It took me 2 years before I could speak Spanish.
How many hours did you study?  How many words do you know?  What is your definition of speaking?
The reality is it is possible to speak fluently in Spanish in just 20hrs learning around 200 words. 

Example #3

It took me 6 months to write a book.
How many pages is the book?  How fast do you type/write?  What type of book is it?  How much time involved?
The reality is an average person could write a 20-page simple book in a day.

For people that work a full-time job, family/friends and that go out some on the weekends they can still find 20 hours a week to commit to their studies.  Using 20 hours as a baseline, the slowest pace would be 1 course per week which is 72 credits worth of courses over a 6 month period for most people. 

Some of us completed courses in as little as 3hrs and some courses out there are hard that take 40+hrs.

I suggest starting at Sophia to get a feel for the online learning process.  They do have a free trial that unlocks the first lesson of every course + give you the pdf for the entire course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Is it reasonable? No. 

Is it possible? Yes if you are motivated, can devote the time, and have some experience. I completed 71 credits in 4 months but I was a full-time student that studied about 40 hours per week. Also, with 20+ years experience in the subject matter, I was able to complete many classes quickly. That said, if you can devote at least 15-20 hrs per week (3-4 hrs/day), it is possible to complete 60 credits in 6 months (in a competency model).
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • LevelUP
Basically, it depends on the person and the situation they're in. For someone who is determined and persistent in addition to having the energy, time to complete the requirements without any disrupting commitments, this is possible. For others who are full time workers, married, have kids or other time consuming activities, they'll be able to do so in extra terms...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,507 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,932 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 687 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,255 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 510 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 399 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,840 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,810 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,866 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,765 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77