Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is A grade achievable at Thomas Edison with lab phy/bio/chem with lab courses ?
Is A grade achievable at Thomas Edison with lab phy/bio/chem with lab courses ?

It says 93-100 is an A

Do they ever curve ? (I think not because of the numerical grading scheme)

Below is a sample physics sheet:
syllabus_PHY-129-oct14

Please people who have recently taken the courses respond.
analyst123 Wrote:Is A grade achievable at Thomas Edison with lab phy/bio/chem with lab courses ?

It says 93-100 is an A

Do they ever curve ? (I think not because of the numerical grading scheme)

Below is a sample physics sheet:
syllabus_PHY-129-oct14

Please people who have recently taken the courses respond.

Why wouldn't an "A" be achievable? If you score 93% or better you'll earn an A.
cookderosa Wrote:Why wouldn't an "A" be achievable? If you score 93% or better you'll earn an A.

+1, That's exactly it! If you are following and plugging in the hard work in a class at TESU, it's not going to be a problem.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Tough grading was never a problem in any of the classes I took. If I did the assignment correctly, I got an A.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Do they curve or not ? Or the absolute grading applies ?
analyst123 Wrote:Do they curve or not ? Or the absolute grading applies ?

Of the classes I took through TESU, none were curved.
Have you taken any physics/bio/chemistry labs ? Do you have to turn in videos/pics/skype sessions or just reports ?
analyst123 Wrote:Have you taken any physics/bio/chemistry labs ? Do you have to turn in videos/pics/skype sessions or just reports ?

Yes and no- through TESU I completed about 30 credits, but only biology. No videos/pics/skype were required. I took another 30+ lab sciences as a distance learner through Harvard Extension and Ocean County College. In both cases pics were required but not video or skype for lab reports.

In my experience, there are 2 kinds of distance learning labs- the first kind is virtual, where you do an activity on the computer. The second is where you set up your lab at home and email/photograph your lab reports. The labs at home are a lot more expensive, but if you're taking the sequence you said, I'm guessing you're entering an occupation that requires a test- so if the MCAT is in your future, you really want hands on labs at a minimum, in person if you can swing it (I couldn't).
I have never heard of TESU using Skype for anything, maybe someone else has feedback on that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,361 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,048 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,052 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,451 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  THOMAS EDISON ANALYZING AND INTERPRETING LIT Giantzebra 4 1,816 08-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: nashpond
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,708 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,219 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,711 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,435 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr