Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Intro Comm still good for Oral Comm?
Does anyone know if SL’s “Intro To Communications” still counts for the Oral Communications requirement at TESU?  I’m about to purchase it and SL’s site mentions that it transfer in as “Fundamentals of Speech COM-108”, but when I look under the Oral Communications area on TESU’s website, it doesn’t mention that course.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
I wonder about this too actually
BABA, New England College, 2019
(09-03-2019, 12:06 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I wonder about this too actually

I’m about to pull the trigger and purchase the course for my Oral Communications requirement, but I just want to make sure this is legit.

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • dragonwolf
Yes, it works fine. But I would recommend taking the Study.com Presentation Skills in the workplace instead, it's going to be so much easier/faster than the StraighterLine course and there are no presentations/videos you need to do... (I took both just for fun).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dragonwolf
TESU only lists courses they actually offer, so many times you won't find an exact match for what will work in an area.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you so much for the information!

(09-03-2019, 12:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, it works fine.  But I would recommend taking the Study.com Presentation Skills in the workplace instead, it's going to be so much easier/faster than the StraighterLine course and there are no presentations/videos you need to do... (I took both just for fun).

I need an Oral Comm course and my SL subscription date is good until 5/8, so was going to take the Intro to Comms course. I have not taken any SDC courses yet, so it would be a new subscription and I don't need anything else just yet. (May change if I switch degree plans)

Would you make that same recommendation of the SDC course over FREE Sophia Public Speaking AND the SL Intro to Comm with a current SL subscription? I know Sophia is backed up a bit, but I figured it's no real hurry for me, still have my whole Core to take.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-20-2020, 05:16 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 12:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, it works fine.  But I would recommend taking the Study.com Presentation Skills in the workplace instead, it's going to be so much easier/faster than the StraighterLine course and there are no presentations/videos you need to do... (I took both just for fun).

I need an Oral Comm course and my SL subscription date is good until 5/8, so was going to take the Intro to Comms course. I have not taken any SDC courses yet, so it would be a new subscription and I don't need anything else just yet. (May change if I switch degree plans)

Would you make that same recommendation of the SDC course over FREE Sophia Public Speaking AND the SL Intro to Comm with a current SL subscription? I know Sophia is backed up a bit, but I figured it's no real hurry for me, still have my whole Core to take.

SL's Intro to Comm comes in as COM-108.  Sophia's Public Speaking SHOULD come in as COM-209.  So if you have space in your plan, you could do both.

I'm always going to do free first, and if you already have a current subscription to SL, you still have to pay $59 for the course, so...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
BUT, I do have $50 off coupon off the next course for finishing Personal Finance which evens the playing field a bit. SO which course will not give me nightmares of writing and sweating? SOphia Public Speaking or SL Business Communications?. On the equivalent course list is says COM-202. Not sure why I called it Intro to Comm before, but are we SURE this will satisfy TESU Oral Communications)
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any good self-paced option for math such as Calculus II? zcao15 3 957 06-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 606 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,207 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,473 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,131 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  New Sophia Course: Intro to Career Readiness - 1cr LL MNomadic 0 498 09-11-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,101 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU
  SQL - Intro to Database Queries akr680 3 639 08-05-2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Sophia Intro to IT vs. Microsoft courses Julie S. 9 1,500 06-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Julie S.