Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Saylor difficult?
davewill Wrote:I found Sociology to be easy to follow, but Env. Ethics was an absolute bear.

Environmental Ethics is the easiest Saylor course from my experience. If you study the unit quizzes and practice final, I guarantee you'll pass the final exam on Saylor with flying colors! Spent ~4 hours studying, passed with a 96%.
Langdon Wrote:So, if saylor is that convoluted, is there any options i can look at for UL's? I am about 2 hours away from a test center so that's kind of undesirable. are there any alternatives I can look at for these courses? how can I determine what courses I need to take as Upper Levels also how many upper levels I need to take if i decide to scrap the ones in this current plan. I am currently using the General Management plan I found on the degreeforum wiki which has a lot of saylor courses.

Are you 2 hours away from a CLEP testing center? Is that what you mean? Honestly I would contact the testing center and see if they offer multiple tests on the same day. If they do there is no reason you can't grab some REA guides, study them up and go do 2 or 3 tests in a day. Principles of Management is one of the easiest there is, then there is A&I Lit if you need your Info Lit credits still (and 3 gen ed) and then toss another one on there. First two I said aren't to bad in terms of studying but this would make the 4 hour round trip worth it. Definetley if you take 2 6 credit CLEPs and 1 3 Credit CLEP. 9 credits for a days worth of travel/test taking... yes please!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Nixi Wrote:Environmental Ethics is the easiest Saylor course from my experience. If you study the unit quizzes and practice final, I guarantee you'll pass the final exam on Saylor with flying colors! Spent ~4 hours studying, passed with a 96%.
Which just goes show that your mileage WILL vary. To be fair, I was using it to pass the TECEP because the Saylor version wasn't ACE certified yet. The practice test was much easier than the TECEP, but if you went through all of the material as I did, it was a long, long slog.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
sarg123 Wrote:Hi, I see that you took Intro to Computers with Saylor. Was that one of the harder courses? Are there any other courses that are somewhat easier? Honestly, they all look like hard courses to me.

Thanks

To me, this was a very difficult course and I actually did not even attempt the proctored final. I will be taking the Info Systems CLEP instead for the BSBA requirement.

HOWEVER...I do not have any IT background and grew up in an impoverished rural area without much access to current technology (not an excuse but a reality). Unfortunately, the only computer-related material I was able to study in K-12 was web browsing, Microsoft Office and Google Docs. If you have an IT background, that course is reported to be fairly straightforward.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Nixi Wrote:Environmental Ethics is the easiest Saylor course from my experience. If you study the unit quizzes and practice final, I guarantee you'll pass the final exam on Saylor with flying colors! Spent ~4 hours studying, passed with a 96%.

What does this course transfer to at TESU? I just finished the Ethics course at the institutes and dont want to waste time. Thanks
clep_master Wrote:What does this course transfer to at TESU? I just finished the Ethics course at the institutes and dont want to waste time. Thanks
If you just need to fulfill the Ethics GenEd requirement, then there's no need for Env. Ethics, the free course will do. I would expect it to transfer in as a different course than the insurance course, but I didn't do the Saylor test because it wasn't ACE approved at the time, so I don't actually know how it transfers. Honestly, if I had known about the free course at the time, I would have used it instead because it would have been much easier. I would have had to dig up an extra credit someplace since I only finished with an extra half credit to spare, but it still would have been easier.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
clep_master Wrote:What does this course transfer to at TESU? I just finished the Ethics course at the institutes and dont want to waste time. Thanks

It transfers in as ETH-210 Environmental Ethics at TESU, will not duplicate The Institutes.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 415 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 572 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,380 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 881 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,182 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 752 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,402 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,474 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 863 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM