Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too
Yeah, the only problem is that it's expensive yet it's a perfect experience. I can say that thanks to their education level I've become a real professional in nursing. Choosing a school/university is a personal choice, however, you shouldn't mind spending some extra money on valuable education now. Later I joined bridge nursing programs like it's described at https://www.hashtagnursing.com/ma-to-rn-...-programs/ and it was a good choice too. Once again, only you can decide which of the considerations involved are most important to you.
(09-18-2021, 03:50 PM)angelman Wrote: Yeah, the only problem is that it's expensive yet it's a perfect experience. I can say that thanks to their education level I've become a real professional in nursing. Choosing a school/university is a personal choice, however, you shouldn't mind spending some extra money on valuable education now. Later I joined bridge nursing programs like it's described at https://www.hashtagnursing.com/ma-to-rn-...-programs/ and it was a good choice too. Once again, only you can decide which of the considerations involved are most important to you.

Hopefully the op has figured it out by now.  Big Grin
Having not read any of this thread except the original question I would say that my answer is that the only time an Ivy league Nursing degree might be more valuable is if you were sure you were headed for grad school.  If it's your ambition to get a Doctorate in Nursing or somesuch and become the Director of Nursing at your favorite hospital then it might be worth it.  But when you get your degree and apply for a job. your employer cares less for you degree than they do for your license.  It's the RN that get you the job, and there's no Ivy League nursing degree that will beat an RN from, let's say, your average state university.  So I'd say don't sweat the degree, aim at the RN.
Here's the first ever ranking of Nursing degrees
U.S. News & World Report Ranks Undergraduate Nursing Programs For First Time (forbes.com)
How many Ivy schools actually offer nursing? I think Penn, Columbia, and Yale?

anyway, if some1 ends up going to an Ivy for nursing and chalking up 100k+ in debt, they could just go into a loan forgiveness program for nurses to pay off their loans. not that i'm advocating for ppl to take up debt.

imo, going to ur local CC nursing program w/ instate fees would probbo be the most cost effective. top up RN to BNS online programs can be found around the $10k price range too. You could probably get a whole nursing program for below 20k. that's pretty amazing considering the job prospects in the field.
(09-19-2021, 12:09 AM)nyvrem Wrote: ... they could just go into a loan forgiveness program for nurses to pay off their loans. not that i'm advocating for ppl to take up debt.

https://nurse.org/education/student-loan...or-nurses/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,760 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,791 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 681 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,635 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 347 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 462 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 270 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,156 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger