Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it always hard to get someone in the phone?
I’ve called COSC twice this morning and send to voicemail. Are they always this difficult to get ahold of?
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
They're working from home right now so they may either have forgotten to forward calls elsewhere or the person/people who are supposed to take calls missed that you were calling.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Are you leaving messages?

They may have it set up telephone messages are checked once an hour or something. COSC has a good reputation for customer service, but it's a small college and may not have all of the technology necessary for allowing its staff to work from home smoothly
(12-14-2020, 10:17 AM)LongRoad Wrote: Are you leaving messages?

They may have it set up telephone messages are checked once an hour or something. COSC has a good reputation for customer service, but it's a small college and may not have all of the technology necessary for allowing its staff to work from home smoothly

I left a message and they called me back immediately. 
Thank you!
Be careful in trying to get too much help from them as an "alt-credit" student. Their job is not to help you get a degree with 114cr transferred in, it's to get you to apply and enroll and take as many courses from them as possible. Once you get started, and an eval, you're probably better off coming here for help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-14-2020, 02:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Be careful in trying to get too much help from them as an "alt-credit" student.  Their job is not to help you get a degree with 114cr transferred in, it's to get you to apply and enroll and take as many courses from them as possible.  Once you get started, and an eval, you're probably better off coming here for help.
Thank you! They definitely wouldn’t give me any info over the phone so I have to wait for a complete evaluation. Once I’m assigned to an advisor will they be able to tell me what courses from SDC I can take to fulfill UL requirements?
You'll be able to ask them if a given course will work for your degree plan. But they aren't going to just hand you a list of courses. It's in their best interests to make you take as many courses as possible with them instead of elsewhere.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-14-2020, 02:33 PM)adegree4me Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 02:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Be careful in trying to get too much help from them as an "alt-credit" student.  Their job is not to help you get a degree with 114cr transferred in, it's to get you to apply and enroll and take as many courses from them as possible.  Once you get started, and an eval, you're probably better off coming here for help.
Thank you! They definitely wouldn’t give me any info over the phone so I have to wait for a complete evaluation. Once I’m assigned to an advisor will they be able to tell me what courses from SDC I can take to fulfill UL requirements?

Use this instead of asking them: https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • LongRoad
(12-14-2020, 08:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 02:33 PM)adegree4me Wrote:

Use this instead of asking them: https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html
Can I assume any 300 course to be upper level?
300 and 400 are UL. But not all of them can be applied to a given degree. For instance, business courses are generally not accepted in non-business degrees. If you post here with the courses that you're interested in and what degree you're going for (whether general studies or something else) people will be able to help you figure out if/where they'll fit into your plan.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LongRoad