Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my diploma title incorrect? - MBA
Good day,

At the end of 2019, I decided to pursue an online English MBA degree from UCAM - Universidad Catolica San Antonio de Murcia, which is a private University in Spain.

Everything was legitimate, as I contacted the Spanish education authorities and did research into the programme. I have successfully completed the programme and received my final diploma. However, I am skeptical of the title of my diploma. The title states "Master in Business Administration", instead of "Master of Business Administration". Is this something that I should be worried about?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Assuming you got a Titulo Official, I think that's just a quirk of getting a degree in a foreign country.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pete Sven
(01-23-2021, 07:51 AM)Pete Sven Wrote: Good day,

At the end of 2019, I decided to pursue an online English MBA degree from UCAM - Universidad Catolica San Antonio de Murcia, which is a private University in Spain.

Everything was legitimate, as I contacted the Spanish education authorities and did research into the programme. I have successfully completed the programme and received my final diploma. However, I am skeptical of the title of my diploma. The title states "Master in Business Administration", instead of "Master of Business Administration". Is this something that I should be worried about?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

INSEAD also call their "Master in Business Administration".

See here : https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/mba

is this common for Europe Biz School?
[-] The following 1 user Likes durain's post:
  • Pete Sven
I've seen a lot of Master's degree programs in that part of the world use "in" rather than "of". It's interesting though that a a number of American program pages say "in" but obviously confer the degree with "of", for example:

https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...on-mba-bux
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • Pete Sven
(01-23-2021, 10:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Assuming you got a Titulo Official, I think that's just a quirk of getting a degree in a foreign country.

I checked and they have a master of business administration that is advertised on English, but later in the paperwork presented in the web is in spanish as a master universitario. Which is the same as master oficial. Has all the ministry accreditation and all. But I do not know if the one he got is this one. 
Check this https://international.ucam.edu/studies/mba/quality
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Pete Sven
In vs Of doesn't matter. They are the same degree and the titles are equivalent. Just say MBA and it won't matter.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Pete Sven

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,622 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inexpensive Title IV Online Masters resistk 1 522 09-28-2023, 12:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bridge TEFL - International Diploma in English Language Teaching TESOL ($1,000) bjcheung77 25 4,652 11-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pricing Error: LRN Level 7 Diploma in Business Management bjcheung77 13 2,098 08-18-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Cert/Diploma in helping/psych fields? Ideas 10 2,561 05-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Graduate Certificate (or Diploma) in Computer Science? Ideas 6 2,358 04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone